dog bones??

Carmen JohnstonCarmen Johnston Member Posts: 26
edited 23 April, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
My mommy was wondering if any other cat knows if its safe to give me dog chew bones that are flavored?? I like to chew on everything and mommy and daddy are trying to divert my attention by giving me something to chew on that won't be dangerous like the cable cord or shoelaces or yarn or computer cords.....

Comments

• Jerry MikutisJerry Mikutis ChicagoMember Posts: 135
    edited 21 April, 2007
    Are you talking about dog biscuits or the rawhide kind? I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression why cats shouldn't eat dog food is because cats and dogs have different nutritional needs - occasional nibbling of dog food is okay as long as kitty is getting appropriate nutritional kitty food. Also, there's a spray that's bitter apple that cats just hate that you can spray on things you shouldn't be nibbling on. I've never tried it, so I'm not sure how effective it is.
  • Carmen JohnstonCarmen Johnston Member Posts: 26
    edited 21 April, 2007
    Mom would just like to know if chewing on the dog chew sticks or flavored rawhide are okay for me to just gnaw on occasionally. She will still feed me kitten food, I think she just wants me to chew on something that isn't electrical. |^|
  • Tricia Wolff-KeatonTricia Wolff-Keaton hilliardMember Posts: 516
    edited 21 April, 2007
    if you will chew on it, there is really nothing wrong. i like my dogs' vitamins, but i still eat my kitty beans.
  • Susan ChurchSusan Church South BeachMember Posts: 11,602
    edited 21 April, 2007
    You have to be careful with rawhide because it can cause intestinal blockages. Dog cookies cant hurt as long as you eat your regular food. It is dogs that suffer when they eat our food.
  • Carmen JohnstonCarmen Johnston Member Posts: 26
    edited 23 April, 2007
    Thanks for the help. Yeah, mom is going to stay away from the rawhide and just stick to the regular chew sticks and just to keep giving me straws to gnaw on when I feel like being a dog. :D