NEED A NAME FOR A TORTOISHE SHELL CAT(FEMALE)DESPARATLY!

brennan gogolbrennan gogol westbank couldesachMember Posts: 7
edited 23 January, 2008 in Choosing the Right Cat
Please help me find a name 4 my 6 week old tortoise shell kitten! IT IS VERY HARD!HELP!

Comments

• Anja R- D'AmbrosioAnja R- D'Ambrosio MapleMember Posts: 668
    edited 26 April, 2007
    Well,i am a fabulous tortoise shell myself,and i have to say any female with such fantastic colours should be named with very important names...such queens and famous actresses...my sis was named Liz taylor,then you can get Nefertiti (from the egyptian queen..everyone would call her Titti as a short form of the name..),then there is Sheeba,queen of the jungle......well you've got the idea!! Good luck with your choice,let us know when you decide,and show us some picture of your cute little sis!!! Love,queen Cleopatra
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 26 April, 2007
    Monte. No, I'm just kidding...see my other post about Leopold vs Monte Cristo. I need to see the Tortie to decide. My first tortie was a dilute named Spice. Her name could easily have been Scarlett because she had a bit tortie-tude. My current orange and black is Phoebe because of what the name meant (bright one.) Some names that work well for torties relate to food or Spices... like Ginger...Nutmeg. I also think Hazel would have worked well for Phoebe...where Spice's eyes were a DEFINITE green, Phoebe's are hazel and change color from root beer to green depending on where she is. Or, pick a name of a starlet with an attitude...because she will certainly develop one if she is a typical tortie!
  • Lori ZuwerinkLori Zuwerink Member Posts: 2
    edited 27 April, 2007
    I like the name Autumn for a tortoiseshell - the differerent shades in the fur remind me of fall colors. My mom\'s sister has a tortie named Turtle. Cute, but kind of funny. Well, it will be interesting to see what you pick!
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Autumn...that is a good one. I often thought that with the orange and black 'halloween' colors it would be good to find something seasonally appropriate. Autumn never occurred to me (or Mommy.)
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 29 April, 2007
    My tortie's name was Sasha. It really fit her feisty personality.
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    edited 29 April, 2007
    We like Anya, Tortie\'s are kind of exotic, and so is this name. Gracie and Family
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Hiya! Okay, Mommy went for the 'mix/blend' element of a tortie... In French, the word is "Melange"; Spanish, it's "Mezcla" and the Italian word is "Miscela". The Spanish word for Tortoise is " Tortuga" and the French is "Tortue". Just thought we'd pass that along. Phoebe....you did it again! You made Mommy MOL, I mean, LOL
  • Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I\'m a tortie tabby and my mama named me Honey cuz the orangey honey-colored spots reminded her of golden honey. But Honey isn\'t very exotic like the other kits have suggested. :-k
  • Mandy FeeneyMandy Feeney dundeeMember Posts: 7,973
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I AM A TORTIE! Mumma named me Spikey, coz......uh....coz.......I Dunno! Anyway, how about a Lovely name like, !!*Liz*!! Or, !!*Sandy*!! Or, !!*Mel*!! Or, !!*Katie*!! OR.......!!*Jinxy*!!
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Hmmm, I like... Flower Phoebe Sophie Zoey Chloe
  • Andrea WorkmanAndrea Workman Oakey OaksMember Posts: 202
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I like Joey, short for Josephine. She's got a coat of many colors!
  • Alesia LloydAlesia Lloyd FairfieldMember Posts: 103
    edited 29 April, 2007
    My mommy knows how hard it is to find a perfect name. She likes gingham.
  • Kaye BradyKaye Brady Garner NCMember Posts: 41,548
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Hmmm, we had a sweet torti live with us for awhile and her name was Pumpkin. My friend has a pair of cute dilute torti sisters named Gigi and Sassy. I think it also helps to know the purrsonality. Sometimes names are more to do with that than color, My meowmy named me Sunshine because of my warm and bright purrrsonality. Just watch and see what comes to mind. meows and purrs!
  • Susan ChurchSusan Church South BeachMember Posts: 11,602
    edited 30 April, 2007
    Mom had a tortie named Empress Maude. That might be a good name.:^:
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 30 April, 2007
    This is Delyte. My person had a beautiful calico cat long before me who was called Norah Barnacle. This is after a real person, who was married to James Joyce and had red hair, but my person picked it partially because she was a very clingy cat and she liked the name Norah. Hope that helps.:D
  • Karin PruessnerKarin Pruessner DurbanMember Posts: 2,110
    edited 1 May, 2007
    My name is Punky cause I can be a little punk, but also because my tortie-tabbie coat has all kinds of colors and patterns - like a punk!
  • brenna rileybrenna riley sharewoodMember Posts: 4
    edited 4 May, 2007
    I vote for the name Patches.
  • Susan ChurchSusan Church South BeachMember Posts: 11,602
    edited 4 May, 2007
    Have you decided on a name for your lovely kitten yet? :^:
  • brennan gogolbrennan gogol westbank couldesachMember Posts: 7
    edited 22 January, 2008
    Well,I got her one.It is kind of plain,but i might change it.It is Katie right now,but i might change it to Firesoul of Flameheart from the warriors series.Thanks so much everyone for your comments!|^|:^:
  • Amy BAmy B KershawMember Posts: 3,254
    edited 23 January, 2008
    Mama was debating adopting a few months ago... she was going to use the name Giea (gI-uh if that helps you pronounce it... mol!) Not spelled the same as the earth goddess, but said that way. She loves the earthy colours we have!!