What are you eating??

eva pennyeva penny chehalisMember Posts: 528
edited 6 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
With all of the recalls...what food(s) are you eating now? We are eating Natures Variety Raw Instinct Dry, Merrick wet and RAW meat as well (NOT at the same time). Diesel likes all RAW and I like my crunchies and Merricks. I\'ll eat a few bites of RAW sometimes but not much.

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 28 April, 2007
    I eat Nature's Variety canned, Innova EVO canned, ProPlan canned (just two fish ones), and Weruva canned (only one). None have been affected by the recall.... so far.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April, 2007
    I'm eating Calf. Natural wet or Merrick wet with Primal Pet Raw and a little VeRUS dry as I transition to a mostly raw diet.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 28 April, 2007
    I'm eating pretty much the same stuff I've been eating. Merrick is one of my faves. I love all their flavors! I also eat California Natural Salmon & Sweet Potato as well as some Pet Promise (I've acquired a taste for that but didn't like it at first). And I eat some Sheba premium cuts as an occasional treat since they do not provide all my nutritional needs. For dry, I eat Wellness and Solid Gold. One food I'm glad I stopped eating quite some time ago is Blue Buffalo. It's one of the brands in the recall, and I'm so glad I started snubbing it when I did, a few months ago!
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 28 April, 2007
    We eat CORE and EVO, and we get a little treat of the Sheba domes!
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Still eating our dry Euk chicken and rice.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 28 April, 2007
    We are still eating Natural Balance Ultra Premium dry food. It was not involved in the recall, doesn't have any of the ingredients involved in the recall, and I have been impressed with the proactive and fast response they had to the recall. Their food has always been considered made up of human-grade ingredients, and Matilda and I are very healthy on this food. I actually lost weight once we switched (I needed to) and Matilda put on weight (she needed to). We also have very shiny coats and I stopped having flakes.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 28 April, 2007
    We are eating Innova Light dry food. We are more active since we changed!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Like I just posted in another thread, Toffy and I are currently eating Solid Gold dry. We both like it. We also get canned food a few times a week.
  • Lianne StinsonLianne Stinson OakvilleMember Posts: 182
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Right now we're eating Orijen cat food. Which we all love. We sometimes alternate with Felidae as well. We also get Merrick's wet food every night. We love all the flavours. :)
  • Lianne StinsonLianne Stinson OakvilleMember Posts: 182
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Right now we're eating Orijen cat food. Which we all love. We sometimes alternate with Felidae as well. We also get Merrick's wet food every night. We love all the flavours. :)
  • Lis CareyLis Carey Member Posts: 5,402
    edited 28 April, 2007
    I'm eating Felidae dry, and Mom had JUST started giving us Blue Buffalo canned, like our cousin Shadow gets, and we really liked it, but then she said we couldn't have it anymore because of the recall. Now, for the one wet meal we get every day, she's making stuff for us. We didn't like the chicken and rice last night, but she went to the store today and got more stuff. Tonight's, tuna and rice and baby-food organic peas and a cat multivitamin, was lots better. She says it can't be tuna every night, though.:(
  • Jana PhillipsJana Phillips RaleighMember Posts: 846
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Tigger is eating Premium Edge Weight control. It is high protein and low carb (45% protein) and he's finally lost some weight! yay :) http://www.premiumedgepetfood.com/products/cats/dry_food/healthy_weight_reduction_and_control_formula/
  • D GarmanD Garman RichmondMember Posts: 745
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I eat Fancy Feast. I know, not exactly your highest grade food but I won't touch anything else. I turned my nose up at the canned BB spa as well. Makes mom wonder if I knew something she didn't.
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I'm eating Felidae dry and canned. :)
  • Adele DoucetAdele Doucet MemramcookMember Posts: 182
    edited 29 April, 2007
    We're eating Royal Canine Veterinary diet (Urinary SO). We eat dry food, and canned food. We all love it! It helps Grisou a lot, because he had crystals.
  • Adele DoucetAdele Doucet MemramcookMember Posts: 182
    edited 29 April, 2007
    And Toulouse forgot to say that we buy two big bags at a time, so we don't think there's any trouble with the food... ! We've been eating that food for over 5 years! Does any one know if they recalled it or said anything about Royal Canin? We don't really know what food has been recalled! It's all so complicated!
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Grisou, it doesn't look like your food has been recalled. Royal Canin did recall their hypoallergenic prescription food, but I haven't seen anything about the urinary health diet you're on. (I checked the FDA's website just to be sure.)
  • Emmy KasdorfEmmy Kasdorf Member Posts: 57
    edited 29 April, 2007
    I'm eating Felidae dry and Merrick's wet. I love Grammy's Pot Pie!
  • Jessica CobbJessica Cobb Gastonia/CharlotteMember Posts: 91
    edited 29 April, 2007
    My mommy is trying to decide between Innova (regular, not EVO) and Felidae for me. She's having a hard time deciding. So for all you kitties that are on Felidae or Innova, how is it?
  • Margie WhitteckMargie Whitteck WilmingtonMember Posts: 2,079
    edited 30 April, 2007
    Lucy and I only eat Fancy Feast. Mama tried giving us Merrick's, but we both turned our noses up at it!
  • Karyn LehmannKaryn Lehmann redlandsMember Posts: 247
    edited 30 April, 2007
    We eat Natures Variety Raw Instinct, and we get a variety of cans, Merrick, Welness, Natura...We now also get Ziwi Peak sprinkled on our Instinct. ( I have been known to chew through any bag of dog food laying around & munch a bit of that..Merrick Wilderness blend)
  • Lis CareyLis Carey Member Posts: 5,402
    edited 30 April, 2007
    Aglaia, I like the Felidae pretty well, and my sister Retsina, who used to vomit undigested food pretty regularly (two to three times a week) hasn't vomited once since we switched completely. Plus, my dog sister, Addy, doesn't have tearstains anymore, since she switched to Canidae.
  • Sandy StewartSandy Stewart PittsburghMember Posts: 107
    edited 1 May, 2007
    Ugh. Food. We were eating Blue Buffalo. Mom buys it by the case usually. The chicken and turkey just didn't look right to her, so she was about to take that case back when she heard about the recall. So she took all the flavors back. My sister Rogue is totally bummed, because she loved that. We only get a little bit of soft in the morning and in the evening. So for us, changing food isn't as difficult as it might be for some. Mom's trying to see how we like California Natural and Innova (since that's what we eat for dry food). So far, it's okay. Me, Zora and Baron eat it up. But Rogue's a bit more finicky. We're also still getting Natural Balance Chicken and liver paté, because that hasn't been recalled yet, but mom's giving that to us very sparingly.
  • Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
    edited 1 May, 2007
    We eat Solid Gold Katz-n-Flocken. We totally love it. Mom gives us a can of either Merrick or Wellness brand i n the morning. I'm not really into the wet food but the other kitties sure are! We are all very healthy and happy with solid gold. The vet even commented on how great we look! Shiny coats, healthy teeth, etc!
  • Bonnie HeavensBonnie Heavens Hoffman EstatesMember Posts: 40
    edited 1 May, 2007
    We both eat Innova Evo dry for dinner and we've been eating Solid Gold blended tuna for breakfast :) It took us both awhile to agree on a wet food we both like, but I think we've finally got one!
  • Laura VitaleLaura Vitale WoodmereMember Posts: 7
    edited 1 May, 2007
    Hi, guys! Fitz and I have been eating the same brand of dry food we always have: Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Formula for adult cats. According to Nutro's site, it has no wheat gluten in it, has nothing to do with Menu Foods, and is totally safe. We love it! Although we eat mainly dry food, for as long as we can remember, once a day, as a treat, we've shared a 3-oz pouch of Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Chunks in Gravy [or Sauce]. Nutro recalled some of these, but Mommy's pouches didn't match the UPC code of the recalled ones. But then, about a week later, Nutro recalled ALL its pouches. Mommy FREAKED. But when she called Nutro, they said they recalled all its pouches "just to be on the safe side." So no more Nutro pouches for us—till they come back on the shelves, anyway. Since we've been eating "chunks in gravy" style for so long, we don't like any other kind of nondry cat food—we hate that pate stuff—so Mommy has been feeding us Triumph Gourmet Cut Pouches. We really like it. In fact, Mommy will keep buying it for us even after Nutro manufactures its pouches again. Both companies, we think, are really trustworthy and have very friendly, caring customer service. (And they both use all-natural ingredients and no by-products.) Here's what both companies say about their products in regard to the recall: http://www.nutroproducts.com/mfrecall.asp http://www.triumphpet.com/ Healthy eating and bon appetit to all! Wendell & Fitz
  • Amy LaessigAmy Laessig SuperiorMember Posts: 18
    edited 1 May, 2007
    We feed Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Formula too! We love it, our coats are shiny, and mommy says she's happy I don't throw up hairballs anymore! It is a hairball, Indoor, litterbox odor, and dental formula all in one! High quality ingredients too! I switched to this from Diamond and noticed a HUGE difference! We love it!!!;c;
  • meredith maynardmeredith maynard Member Posts: 80
    edited 1 May, 2007
    I am all over the place...was eating all Natural Balance (wet and dry) and have just switched to Pet Promise Dry and wet. I loved the wet the first 3 days and now I hate it. My parents tried Wellness this morning - yuck. Tomorrow we try Innova, wish me luck! I am intereste in the raw food everyone is talking about. I would love info on that and also a good wet/senior cat food that tastes good! Purrs, Fri
  • Candice CramCandice Cram SaskatoonMember Posts: 633
    edited 1 May, 2007
    Ella and I eat Innova Adult Cat right now, and we are going to be switched to EVO soon! We're not picky cats, but we like the Innova a lot. Mom says we've lost weight and our coats are soft and silky since the switch from Iams a few months ago. Ella hardly throws up anymore (she used to ALL the time) and we don't shed nearly as much! Innova is worth every extra penny %:D%
  • meredith maynardmeredith maynard Member Posts: 80
    edited 1 May, 2007
    I am excited to try the Innova tomorrow! What is EVO?