Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

We just want to eat!

Heather CarusoHeather Caruso Member Posts: 2
edited 10 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Don\'t want to repeat any questions, but our mom is losing sleep over this! What can we eat? We were eating Nutro Natural Choice pouch food that was recalled as well as Nutro Natural Choice indoor dry food. Mom took us off all these products after the first recall and we\'ve had blood work done so we\'re good. But now, mom is struggling on what to feed us and can\'t seem to make up her mind... mostly because we can\'t make up our minds! Mom heard OMH was a good food... but we refuse to eat ground food and wouldn\'t touch it! The OMH/Wellness dry food is weird for us... the pieces are too small and we forget to chew! We\'ve tried everything from the Science Diet line to Merrick to Old Mother Hubbard and anything in between. Mom tried cooking for us even, but I don\'t like the smell of the food and I covered it with a napkin! So, basically, we need new food! It can\'t be ground, it needs to be chunky (we lick up all the gravy first!). Mom has heard of Innova and is wondering... is the wet stuff ground or can we eat the gravy? We\'ve been eating Fancy Feast recently but Mom really isn\'t happy with that. According to our doctor (and please, no offense to anyone out there...) he think\'s this kind of food is the equivelent to fast food. Mom wants a natural, nutritious, good... really good... food for us. What can we eat?

Comments

• Kathy HobbsKathy Hobbs BoiseMember Posts: 298
    edited 10 May, 2007
    Human typing---We went to raw. We were switching anyway when the menu **** hit the fan. This whole thing just made it alot easier to get over the initial \" we\'ve fed commercial for so long, what if this is worse for our pets\" mindset. I feel my animals are healthier now than ever. My nine year old shelter cat has finally put weight on and is playing like a kitten! She was emaciated, hours away from euthanazia, and almost died when I got her home. Now she the first to greet me at feeding time! Its definitly not for everyone, but it works for us. :^: I like my raw food now that I have trained my human on proper cat cusine. Rabbit is icky!!!! I like elk much better! I look and feel like a cat again! Rizzy