Kittens In Brooklyn

Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
edited 16 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
Hi everyone :-h we are Darcy and Lizzie two Brooklyn kitties rescued last week from the mean streets. Mum guesses we are around 6 or 7 weeks of age but she doesn\'t know for sure, even the vet wasn\'t sure... We are looking for a forever home, mum asks that we be kept indoors only and not be declawed. She would also like to keep us together if it\'s possible since we get along so well! As we are kittens you guys know we need extra loving and attention so a home where there would be someone around to look after us during the day would be purrfect!|^| Forgive mum if she is fussy when people ask about us but she wants to see us go to a good home. We are the first kittens mum has rescued that were so young so she has a few questions too! 1) How old are kittens when their eyes start to change color? She has read it can happen at 6 weeks but elsewhere it said 10?, she thinks our eyes are starting to go greenish! 2) Should she continue to give us cat milk? - Mmm I like it - Lizzie 3) How much should she feed us a day? - Say lots guys - Darcy 4) Is it safe for us to get our first shots next week? - hmm what are shots - Lizzie :-k Purrs and kitty crunchies - Darcy and Lizzie :^::^:

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May, 2007
    Hi, Darcy and Lizzie. You're two lucky kitties being rescued off the street like that. It might be a good idea to ask your vet if you have any questions. You will have to go to see him anyway for a checkup. Here's purring that you will find a fantastic forever home.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 16 May, 2007
    Definitely take the little ones in for a check up, even if they are too little for their shots. I think the vet will want to give them something for parasites, if nothing else. Good for you for rescuing these babies. Because of you, they now have a chance for a long, happy life. I wish we could adopt, but are on the other side of the country. Plus, my daddy says mommy can't bring home any more cats. Daddy's gotta draw the line because mommy would bring home every cat she finds if he didn't. Dogs, too.!