Wellness??

Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
edited 19 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hello everyone! I have had rasha on Natural Balance for a while but after the recalls I switched to Wellness thinking it was such a great food. I just read somewhere that they are in association with menu foods? I also read about it giving some cats urinary and bladder problems? I am currently feeding him wet food and some dry food and just wondering what everyones opinion is? Thank you!! :D

Comments

• eva pennyeva penny chehalisMember Posts: 528
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Wellness WET food is made in a menu plant. No recalls... yet? The DRY should be safe..at least I hope that it is. :?
  • Diane HallwirthDiane Hallwirth PoulsboMember Posts: 20,342
    edited 19 May, 2007
    We were told Wellness is associated with Menu, but has a totally different source of meat than the other Menu brands...and the canned and Core dry is grain free... But who really knows what is safe- there are problems coming up from some of the raw foods (like Wild Kitty):( We feed Wellness canned and Orijen dry...
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 19 May, 2007
    Like the others have said, Menu does make Wellness canned food, but I am still eating it. It's one of the few brands I like! I eat the dry Wellness food and occasionally I eat the canned Wellness. I want to try Core, but it's not available in the store where Mom buys my Wellness. I think it's safe, but it's hard to tell these days. Who knows. I think any food could have a potential problem these days, especially one made by Menu. But so many high quality brands use Menu that it's hard to find a brand not using them. Merrick, Wysong (except their Au Jus lines which are made by Menu), and Solid Gold are a few of the ones that don't use Menu. There really aren't very many that don't. At any rate, I've been eating Wellness for quite some time and haven't had any problems. So I hope that's a good sign about its safety!