MORE RECALLS TODAY 5/18/07

melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
edited 13 June, 2007 in Food & Nutrition

Comments

• Zoe HowardZoe Howard AbileneMember Posts: 5
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Again? I hope they don\'t get to Purina, that food is wonderful, it would be hard to get off of it... What brands have been recalled now? I hope the scare ends soon, I want to eat that delicious wet food again...
  • edited 18 May, 2007
    Thanks again, Boxie B. for the updates and for introducing us to the great source site! We made the cat mother bookmark Itchmo so she can keep up on what we know she need to know...
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Here's the list Sophia And here's a link to the source site RECALLED FOOD LIST> Due to several recall expansions, we suggest that you avoid all these brands. (Updated 5/18) For Cats For Dogs Dry Food Blue Buffalo Spa Select Kitten Drs. Fosters and Smith Evolve Kitten Food Health Diet Hills Prescription Diet m/d Kasco Lick Your Chops Natural Balance - Venison Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Treats Pounce Meaty Morsels Wet Americas Choice, Preferred Pets Authority (PetSmart brand) Best Choice Blue Buffalo Cat's Choice Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Companion (Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores) Compliments Co-Op Gold Demoulas Market Basket Despar Eukanuba Fame Feline Classic Feline Cuisine Fine Feline Cat Food Lion Foodtown Giant Companion Giant Eagle Hannaford Harmony Farms Hill Country Fare Hy-Vee Iams J.E. Mondou La Griffe Laura Lynn Li'l Red Loving Meals Masters Choice Max Cat Medi-Cal Meijer's Main Choice Natural Balance Natural Ultramix (Castor and Pollux) Nutriplan Nutro Max Gourmet Classics Nutro Natural Choice Paws Pet Pride (Kroger brand) Performatrin Ultra Presidents Choice Price Chopper Priority US (Safeway brand) Publix Roche Brothers Roundy's Royal Canin Medi-Cal Feline Dissolution Formula Save-A-Lot Special Blend Schnucks Science Diet Feline Savory Cuts Cans Sophistacat (PetSmart brand) Special Kitty Canada Special Kitty US (Wal-Mart brand) Springfield Prize Sprout Stop & Shop Companion Stuzzy Gold Tops Companion Triumph Wegmans Weis Total Pet Western Family Canada Western Family US White Rose Winn Dixie Your Pet Other Pets 8 in 1 Ferret Ultra-Blend Dry Food Drs. Fosters and Smith Kasco Natural Balance - Venison Royal Canin Sensible Choice Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Shep Shop Rite Redi-Mixt SmartPak Treats Beef Sticks Blue Buffalo Champion Breed Companion's Best Dollar General Gravy Train Happy Tails Harmony Farms Health Bar Jerky Treats Lassie Lamb Natural Balance - Venison Nurture Ol'Roy Perfect Pals Pet Life Stater Brothers Wet Food ALPO Prime Cuts in Gravy Americas Choice, Preferred Pet Authority (PetSmart brand) Award (PetSmart brand) Best Choice Big Bet Big Red Bloom Blue Buffalo Wegmans Bruiser (Wegmans brand) Cadillac Canine Caviar Gourmet Beaver Canine Caviar Gourmet Turkey Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Companion (Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores) Compliments Co-Op Gold Demoulas Market Basket Diamond Lamb and Rice Eukanuba Food Lion Giant Companion (Giant Food stores) Great Choice Hannaford Harmony Farms Health Diet Gourmet Cusine Hill Country Fare Hy-Vee Iams Kirkland La Griffe Laura Lynn Loving Meals Mana Pro Uni-Milk/li> Masters Choice Meijers Main Choice Mighty Dog Pouch (Nestle Purina) Mixables Mulligan Stew Chicken Mulligan Stew Turkey Natural Balance Natural Life Nu Pet Nutriplan Nutro Max Nutro Natural Choice Nutro Ultra Nutro Ol'Roy Canada Ol'Roy US Paws Performatrin Ultra Pet Essentials (Target brand) Pet Pride - Good n Meaty (Kroger brand) Presidents Choice Price Chopper Priority Canada Priority US (Safeway brand) Publix Roche Brothers Save-A-Lot Choice Morsels Schnucks Shep Dog Springsfield Prize Sprout Stater Brothers Stop & Shop Companion Tops Companion Triumph Truly Weis Total Pet Western Family Canada Western Family US White Rose Winn Dixie Your Pet
  • Mia McGregorMia McGregor South FloridaMember Posts: 69
    edited 19 May, 2007
    Thanks B for keeping us informed...
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 19 May, 2007
    OMC!!! Is anything safe anymore? What's a cat supposed to eat? :-O
  • Kim LasaterKim Lasater Agoura HillsMember Posts: 8,709
    edited 19 May, 2007
    My brand is still not on any recall list and it is good. I eat Great LIFE. It is a holistic food with a raw covering. it is really good too.
  • Audrey McAnarneyAudrey McAnarney Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 1,982
    edited 19 May, 2007
    Thanks Boxie Brown for the update! Unfortunately, it looks as if all of our favorite catfood brands have been contaminated. I miss my wets so much! :(
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 19 May, 2007
    This is so crazy, so much of the pet food is being recalled, I dunno if any of these pet food companies are gonna exist after this! I am happy that Wellness wet food isn't on the recall list. And I know Orijens cat food won't be, since it is produced locally by themselves.
  • S- HirtleS- Hirtle HalifaxMember Posts: 24
    edited 20 May, 2007
    I am freaking out that the vet quality food is being recalled! Thats what i have been eating since i was taken to the vets office as a stray! My mommy just changed me over to the Medi Cal hypoallergenic dry formula, i think i am still safe with that! I'm so scared :((
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 21 May, 2007
    Hugs for Felidae! I LOVE my Felidae and I'm glad Mommy doesn't have to switch it!
  • Camille KnutsonCamille Knutson Member Posts: 100
    edited 23 May, 2007
    You're da' best Boxie!!
  • Kristin ConnerKristin Conner New JerseyMember Posts: 9
    edited 25 May, 2007
    My family feeds us Purina indoor formula and Fancy Feast (1 can split 3 ways each night), and thankfully it\'s still good. Dad used to get Iam\'s but they don\'t have much variety in wet food so we were getting Shop rite, which isn\'t on the list either. It\'s hard to find a complete formula. Hope everyone here has the same luck. |:|
  • Carrie ComerCarrie Comer Page CountyMember Posts: 888
    edited 1 June, 2007
    Hey-I don\'t post much lately but all the food stuff has mom worried. Riley and I eat Purina ONE and it isn\'t recalled. Mom moved Katie (aka nasty dog) to PMI Exclusive and had a long talk with the person who owns the store about kitty formula today. She thinks she may just move us to the PMI Exclusive cat formula since ONE is now topping out at $6 a bag here??? Mom asked the lady at Petsmart what the price hike was about-$2 jump in a month seems high. The lady told her that when they were pulling all the other brands for the recall, it was almost the only brand left-since then the price has gone up. Mom said that seems like taking advantage of the situation so she would feel better if she could find something else we might like. And the PMI is now only a couple of dollars more and seems safer. Plus she could get all the furbaby food at one place so that is nice. Just scarey that we all have to deal with this-dinner time for us old rescues should finally be safe. Riley gave up dumpsters and McD\'s cast offs for the healthy life-gosh:-k
  • Sarah ManolisSarah Manolis San FranciscoMember Posts: 148
    edited 1 June, 2007
    The price jump could also be from the fact that they are having to produce so much more now, in light of the higher demand.
  • Elizabeth ClarkeElizabeth Clarke BerkeleyMember Posts: 1,818 ✭✭
    edited 1 June, 2007
    I'm with you, Shimmer! They fed me Felidae at the shelter before Mom adopted me, and she brought a bag of it home with me. I love it, and Mom loves feeding it to me knowing that it's safe. (It's $7 for a 5 lb bag, but really, compared to buying 1 lb boxes of Friskies at the corner bodega for upwards of $2 a pop, like Mom used to do for my sister Spike, it's actually economical.) It's good and good for me!
  • Candy AndersonCandy Anderson Member Posts: 503
    edited 12 June, 2007
    Ack! My mommy switched to an all natural pet food, no more store brands for us or from the vet! Its called Origen and its pure natural stuff made only in canada XD Its moto is BARK Biological Appropriate Real-food Kibble :)
  • Vanessa NielsonVanessa Nielson Member Posts: 21
    edited 12 June, 2007
    The list has gotten quite scary. Luckily, my current food brand, Innova (both wet and dry), isn't on there. Hopefully it stays that way, I'm an old cat and converting to new foods can be risky.
  • Carrie ComerCarrie Comer Page CountyMember Posts: 888
    edited 13 June, 2007
    Hey everyone-you might want to look at the lists again, more foods added at the end of May including some Royal C cat foods. This is a list of food through the AVMA. http://www.avma.org/aa/petfoodrecall/breaking_news_070514.asp