Tea for Mew and Mew for tea?

Michelle ElbertMichelle Elbert Member Posts: 9
edited 19 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
My human loves to drink green tea, and quite frankly so do I. Even though she changes my water and cleans the bowl twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening) And I do drink that water, but I just love to sneak up and slurp down some of what she's drinking as long as it isn't too hot and the cup is mostly full. She's started drinking her tea out of a bottle so I can't get at it! :-k Now she won't let me drink hers because she doesn't think it's a good idea for us to share. And also she sometimes uses Splenda to sweeten it a bit and she doesn't think it would be good for cats. (But she doesn't bother if it's Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Green, YUM!) Tea is supposed to be all sorts of good for peoples, is it good for us cats too?

Comments

• edited 18 May, 2007
    Green tea has a lot of caffeine in it, which is bad for cats.
  • Michelle ElbertMichelle Elbert Member Posts: 9
    edited 19 May, 2007
    That's what I thought. Sticking with the bottles. Thanks. :)
  • Audrey McAnarneyAudrey McAnarney Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 1,982
    edited 19 May, 2007
    De-caffeinated green tea? They sell it here at our grocery store. I also know that there are some places that sell tea made just for pets. Check with a veterinarian first because there are some herbs in tea that may be toxic to kitties.