Wet food recommendations for Kittens

Michelle KennedyMichelle Kennedy Member Posts: 213
edited 25 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
I live in Japan, and I have a new kitten coming home tomorrow. Unfortunately, while I bought a reputable brand of dry kitten food, I cannot find any kind of wet food marked for kittens (adult cat food is plentiful, but there are few options for kittens). I want to give my kitten a good mix of wet and dry. My question is, do you have any ideas of what (if any) types of cat food a kitten can eat without problems?

Comments

• Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 24 May, 2007
    I'm not sure what brands you have in Japan , my kittens love the Wellness brand though. If you cant find any brands you trust you can always feed them adult food, kitten food generally has more protein than adult cat food though so you might want to try to add some extra protein source to their diet. Maybe some chopped up cooked chicken (???) would suit them as it's mild enough that it shouldn't upset their tummy's.
  • Michelle KennedyMichelle Kennedy Member Posts: 213
    edited 25 May, 2007
    He came home today, and he's adorable ! The woman was still letting them nurse, and feeding them small whole fish (maybe sardines). Apparently, he was the runt of the litter(she didn't tell me this until I was on the train home). while I'm not worried, I think I will add a little extra protein to his diet (the chopped up chick sounds good)