Help my cat got attacked

Bellienah BoustaniBellienah Boustani SydneyMember Posts: 160
edited 25 May, 2007 in Cat Health
Hi im new & I need advice, I recently went away for a family funerial & left my cat Schnooki with some friends, I just got him home & was giving him a bath when i noticed he had an open wound about the lenght of a bottle cap lid & it is about 3cm deep, i rung my vet & said they can not see him til tomorrow so i need adivce, its really infected & im angry at my friends for not looking after him, they said he got into a fight with another cat, So far i have washed it in luke warm salty water & put betadine & wraped it up. wot more can i do till i take him to the vets. im really worried :((

Comments

• Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 25 May, 2007
    Hopefully you have been able to get your cat into the vet by now. Usually if the wounds get cleaned out good the only other thing is to keep them clean and maybe take antibiotics. Watch kittie for signs of infection (temperature, redness, swelling, lethargy) and if those occur, recheck immediately with the vet. Let us know how kittie is doing. Purrring for healing, Bella