I\'m getting too skinny....should I be worried?

Sherri DaileySherri Dailey EdisonMember Posts: 6
edited 26 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Mom, against her will, has been letting me go outside for a year or so now. I just love it so much it's all I think about. I have been a healthy 12lbs my whole life (3 years old in August) But, ever since I have been outside this past few months, mom said I was getting too skinny. I said, what do you expect when I run around and hunt all day? She wants to put me on a high protine high fat diet and was wondering what the best stuff was? I don't really like canned food so dry is best. Mom is hoping one of you guys can help me find the best stuff. Thanks in advance. Any advise will help.

Comments

• Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 25 May, 2007
    Be careful. You should not run around outside. We had a cat like you and it got something-we were never sure- and it got skinny and died. There are problems your vet can check, like hyperthyroid disease and you lose weight quickly. I wonder what you may be getting as you are having fun hunting-a safe home is a good place for things that cause weight loss. :D
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 25 May, 2007
    I would recommend a trip to the vet to rule out any medical problems and a fecal check for worms.
  • Sherri DaileySherri Dailey EdisonMember Posts: 6
    edited 26 May, 2007
    Thanks guys. Mom checked and said I only lost one pound. I hope nothing is wrong with me. We were at the vet a month ago and they said my poop & blood looked good. I also get that revolution stuff for flees and ticks. I hope we don't have to back to thhe vet! That's one scary place!!! Thanks so much for your help :~