losing weight...fast...?

Michelle MachenMichelle Machen McAllenMember Posts: 256
edited 30 May, 2007 in Cat Health
For about a month mommy has been really worried about me. She's noticed that I have been losing weight and for about the past week or so I have become increasingly lethargic and moody. I am not my cute lovable self. I growl at the my sister Deuce which is rare for me to do. I eat regularly but only a few bites and my poopie is really small and hard. I have also been drinking less water. I sniff it and walk away. Mommy is going to take me to the vet tomorrow but is wondering what might be the cause. Are their common feline ailments that might cause this? What do you think? *purrs and headbonks* Shadow

Comments

• Sandy BonvouloirSandy Bonvouloir MonktonMember Posts: 129
    edited 29 May, 2007
    Did you go to the v.e.t. yet Shadow?? What did they say?? I would think those symptoms could mean any number of things.... we'll be purring for you!
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 30 May, 2007
    Have you made it to the vet? You could be slightly constipated (small, hard stool) which could cause some nausea. this would make you want to eat less. If you are rapidly losing weight then you should get a blood panel done (hopefully they did this today) to rule out any medical reason for your weight loss. Please let us know what the vet said. Purring for you!
  • Michelle MachenMichelle Machen McAllenMember Posts: 256
    edited 30 May, 2007
    Hello everybody! Thanks for your responses and concerns. My visit to the vet yesterday went well. (even though mommy says I misbehaved a little) The vet did do a blood panel on me and everything came out normal. All my organs seem to be functioning correctly. The vet also drew blood for my phenobarb levels. It is on it's way to the university as we speak and I should find out results early next week. We are keeping our paws crossed. Meanwhile the vet doubled my dose of phenobarb so now I am up to .2 cc twice a day. That is still way under the normal dose for my size but he says if it is effective their is no reason to go any higher. Hopefully that will make me feel a little better and keep that darn seizure monster at bay. I will let you all know how my phenobarb levels turn out as soon as I find out! Purrs to you all!! *purrs and headbonks* Shadow