Our kittens have disappeared

Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
edited 31 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
It's Stella. Our three remaining kittens disappeared last night and have not come back for food or anything today and tonight. My person also found a large gnawed bone on the walkway--much larger than a cat bone, more like a dog bone. We don't know if a pack of coyotes or wild dogs came by, and frightened them or worse. Or if some picked them all up. Or if their mother drove them off. They were 8 weeks old today. We didn't think it was Momcat--she kept me around to a much older age. And she seems to miss them. We just saw her sitting on the porce and staring over where they used to hide under the cars. We are all so sad. Two of them are adopted but as outside cats by a lady who is probably a collector. We had homes for all three and were going to pick them up tonight and take them. My person is so sad that she put it off until tonight, when they were here last night. She took a picture and will try to get it up on my page tomorrow. So sad--two of my litter gone and now these three.:((

Comments

• Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 29 May, 2007
    I'm curious as to why you gave cats to someone you think was dodgie - a collector you called her. Maybe your human would feel better if she went to visit the cats. Did she use an adoption agreement that allowed her to do so? If she feels the cats are neglected as is often the case with collectors she should call the ASPCA branch nearest her so they can investigate. Do not wait, more than yoru two kitties lives may be at stake. As far as the outside cats go don't fret about finding one random bone, while coyotes could go after cats and kittens you cant jump to that conclusion from so little evidence. Perhaps the cats have found a new spot to get their food, ask a neighbor if they have seen them, they may be feeding them too. Also they could have gotten stuck somewhere, a few of my outdoors cats are routinely getting trapped in neighbors homes and garages without the neighbor realizing it until the next day, so disappearing for 1 day is nto major. Lastly at around this age the kittens will begin to wander away from mum cat as they can eat solid food, so some of them may have wandered off to explore on their own, naturally it is still dangerous for them which is why 4 out of feral 5 kittens dont make it to 1 year old. If they do come back are you prepared to grab them do you have a trap ready to go? I'm sure your friend can be patient for a few days if he/she truely wants to give these guys good homes.
  • D GarmanD Garman RichmondMember Posts: 745
    edited 31 May, 2007
    Maybe someone else didn't know your plans and picked them up? Ask around ... and I'll hope for the best!!