Need a name for our new kitten!

Ashlee EdwardsAshlee Edwards Surfside BeachMember Posts: 5
edited 1 June, 2007 in Kitten Corner
Hello everyone! My husband and I have an addition to our little pet family! We got a new kitten today. We are having trouble naming her though. If anyone has any cute, but original, names... Please post them! Thanks!

Comments

• Sarah ManolisSarah Manolis San FranciscoMember Posts: 148
    edited 31 May, 2007
    What does she look like? Any neat markings on her? Does she have any funny habits? Without knowing her or her description, I'm just going to list some names I like (and would have considered, if I had gotten a girl): - Layla - Imogene - Hadassah (Hebrew for Esther; the girl I almost got was born during Purim) - Scout (little girl from To Kill a Mockingbird) - Maggie - Daphne
  • Ashlee EdwardsAshlee Edwards Surfside BeachMember Posts: 5
    edited 31 May, 2007
    Don't know if she has any funny habbits yet. One thing she did do that was funny is stand up to our dog. He was just checking her out and she was totally standing her ground. Didn't hiss or anything. Just arched her back as if to say, "Don't mess with me buddy!" Our dog is now scared of her. It was so funny because she is a tiny, little thing. She is mostly gray. Looks like she has some calico in her.
    edited 31 May, 2007
    The name Maia (pronounced Maya, Mya) is from Roman myth. and it means "great, courageous, brave". Certainly she must be to stand up to a big ol' dog! Chloe is also cute, as is Zoe. Delilah is cute. It means "power". She is the Biblical figure who weakened Sampson, the strongest man in the world, at the time. Reminds me of your cute dog story, too. There's also traditional names like Smokey, Storm, etc. since she is mainly gray.
    edited 1 June, 2007
    Thank you for the suggestions. I really like the name Maia, but my husband and I named her last night. We named her Una. It was only fitting that we name her Una because our other cat is named Aeon. If you have seen the Aeon Flux cartoon, Una was Aeon's apprentice. In the movie for Aeon Flux, Una was Aeon's sister.
    edited 1 June, 2007
    Here I am! Una! =D>
    edited 1 June, 2007
    I was actually wondering where you got the name Aeon and thought to suggest something that might go with that. What a sweet name and a beautiful kitten. They will have a great bond! Congrats on the new name, Una. sarah & jack
  • Stacey CooperStacey Cooper FergusMember Posts: 146
    edited 1 June, 2007
    Spookette Shadow Menza Teela These are just a few suggested names