I\\\'ve got this loose tooth...

Jennifer BroomeJennifer Broome GainesvilleMember Posts: 2
edited 2 June, 2007 in Cat Health
So, Mom was doing an oral exam on me today, which I hate, but put up with. And when she was doing it, she found this tooth that\'s sort of been bothering me. It\'s one of my upper teeth right next to my canine teeth, and it\'s come really loose. It\'s an extra tooth - a third tooth, and Mom thinks it might be a milk tooth that was just never lost when my big boy teeth came in. Of course, Mom was really worried when she found it. She messed with it a little, but I flinched, and she thinks it\'s bothering me. I\'m still eating my food without a problem, and I\'m not making faces or anything. But Mom\'s still worried. She\'d like to know if this is something she should let alone for a little while longer, or if the vet should look at it soon. Mom thinks the tooth should just go ahead and be removed, since she\'s afraid it will cause an abcess. Should she let it alone, or take me to the vet? And she\'d also be very grateful to know how much having the tooth removed should cost. Even though I always get the best, Mom and Dad are on a tight budget, so they have to be concerned about these things. Thanks! Tigger

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 2 June, 2007
    You should have it removed. While you are under anesthesia you should have your vet also give you a dental cleaning. Fees in my area of the country (Bay Area, CA) are approx.: Exam $35-40 Pre-anesthetic blood work: $40-65 Dental (including anesthesia): $100-150 Extractions (depends on the tooth) anywhere from $5-65 This tooth sounds like it would be in the $5-20 range Antibiotic injection;$15-20 Antibiotics to go home: $20-30 pain meds if necessary... Injection: $20=40 Rx: $25-30