Amoxi tablets

Cheryl CiampagliaCheryl Ciampaglia NewarkMember Posts: 22
edited 18 June, 2007 in Cat Health
Hello - my parent's cat recently had a tooth extracted and has been healing nicely. The vet had given her amoxi tabs to take twice a day for 10 days. She's been doing ok but today she threw up twice. The first time was full of fur, about an hour later she threw up a second time and it was all liquidy. My mom called the vet who said she probably threw up the second time b/c of the furballs she let off an hour earlier. Is this normal? She is 11 years old and has never taken amoxi before. Any information anyone has would be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 12 June, 2007
    I simply cannot take Amoxi at all. It makes me sick to my tummy and I throw it up. Mommy even tried giving me Pepcid AC to help, but it didn't work. Talk to the vet and see what can be done. If you just get sick a little, the vet can tell you a dosage of Pepcid AC or another med to help your tummy. If not, you may have to take a different med. We are like humans and not all of us can take every antibiotic. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Cheryl CiampagliaCheryl Ciampaglia NewarkMember Posts: 22
    edited 18 June, 2007
    The vet took her off the Amoxi and she is feeling much better now! Thanks for your response!!