Watch the Today show June 18th!

jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
edited 18 June, 2007 in Plus Friendly
Hello friends! :-h I just wanted to brag! (Sorry 'bout that) :D Last month my parents attended a workshop at the NYC ASPCA to learn about training me to become a Therapy Animal. The Today show happened to be there taping a segment on therapy animals! You can check out my parents in the small audience watching the pet evaluation!!!! Mommy asked a question about cats (of course)! I am just really, really happy that a lot of people will learn about the benefits of animals in hospitals, etc....I hope a lot of people see it and will be motivated to get their cats and dogs involved! It's a lot of fun! ;c; The Delta Society (which certifies us) is a great organization too! Check them out if you have the time! :) Thank you!!! Animal Assisted Therapy Rocks!!!! ;c;;c;;c;

Comments

• edited 13 June, 2007
    Oh, I'd be bragging:)) We'll be watching!!!!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 13 June, 2007
    Woo Hoo Oliver. Thats a great reason to brag. We just set the DVR to record it since mom will be at work. ;c;
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 14 June, 2007
    Yay! Thanks guys! Wait until you see the dog that was evaluated! Sooo cute and funny! She did this little wave hello with her two front paws :-) Hmmm...I gotta learn some tricks! :)) xoxoxo Ollie Pop
  • KE McCormackKE McCormack SeattleMember Posts: 236
    edited 14 June, 2007
    WOW!! That is waaaaay cool, Oliver! I'd LOVE to do that (only MacIntosh is so high strung, and he'd be jealous!) =D>
  • Maria BrennanMaria Brennan Salt Lake CityMember Posts: 437
    edited 15 June, 2007
    Oh Oliver, how great for you and your family. I'll have to look for it, maybe YouTube will have it, as well. Pet therapy is so pawsome! Mom works in a children's hospital and thinks its wonderful to see how the children's faces light up when they get a furry visitor.
    edited 16 June, 2007
    Oh yeah, you tube! What a great idea -thanks! Mom and Dad are frantically trying to fix the VCR so we can record it! :))
    edited 16 June, 2007
    Don't forget that they often have video of segments of the show on their website.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 16 June, 2007
    oh cool, you're a celebrity. %:D% We can't watch, but they usually have segments online after the show. We'll catch it then!
    edited 16 June, 2007
    Thanks everycat =D>
    edited 18 June, 2007
    The segment made it onto the home page at MSN. Here is a link to the video: Angels on a Leash
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 18 June, 2007
    Oh bummer! I missed it cuz that darn human had to work :(
    edited 18 June, 2007
    Thanks for providing the link Diego!!! =D>=D>=D> Well - Mommy watched and watched and watched...and then it was time for the Animal Therapy segment!!!! It was great...but where was Mommy and Daddy??? NOWHERE! They cut that whole part out! MOL!!! :)):)):)) For those of you who saw it, wasn't it cool though???? I was so proud and happy for those dogs and children!!!! At least we got to see the great person that ran the class ( Now there's a human that knows animals!) I'm very grateful that the Today show put a spotlight on Therapy Animals. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside :-) Thanks again for the link Diego :D xoxoxo Ollie
    edited 18 June, 2007
    Purrrrrrs Ollie! We saw it this morning and even thought I don't really know what your parents look like, we looked for them. Tee Hee It was a great spotlight on all the good things therapy animals do. WooHoo!!!!