crusty paws

Alma (& Josh) Van DorpeAlma (& Josh) Van Dorpe ChicagoMember Posts: 49
edited 17 June, 2007 in Grooming
I've got dry, cracked paws (or as my mommy would say crusty, rusty paws). When my sister and brother get dry paws, usually in the winter, mommy puts mineral oil on their paws and all is better. But I don't like anyone messing with my paws. I won't even let mommy or daddy cut my nails. I bite them off myself thank you very much. I should mention that I'm part feral and I bite hard when anyone messes with the paws. Mommy and daddy have to sneak up on me while I sleep. When mommy comes near me with the mineral oil, I run and hide. I can smell the mineral oil miles away. I hate that stuff. Anyone know of another product I can use. Maybe I can tolerate something else.

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 16 June, 2007
    Avon's Skin So Soft is safe for use on cats.
  • Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
    edited 17 June, 2007
    Kitties ususally get dry skin and dry paws because they lack natural oils in their diet. I bet you don't feed them wet food, or just not enough. Try starting your kitty on a quarter can of wet food every day. Or you can also put a tiny bit of vegetable oil over the dry food if the kitty doesn't like the wet stuff. If you can't get the kitty to eat either of these, there's always Omega3 pills from the vet. Omega3 is made of fish oils, so it's natural and perfect for the dry skin. You should also know that the winter is the worst time of the year when it comes to getting dry skin. So with the warm weather it should make it a faster healing process now! |^|