Dark Spots on my ears and eyes

Kelly UnruhKelly Unruh Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 7
edited 19 June, 2007 in Cat Health
My human Daddy noticed that my dark spots around my eyes and on my ears seem to be getting bigger. I've always had these spots. I am fair skinned. Should we be worried or is this common?

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 18 June, 2007
    I found this old thread here in the health fourms that might be of assistance. http://www.catster.com/forums/Cat_Health/thread/177444/1 I have dark spots on my lips that have gotten bigger over the years. The vet said it was normal and nothing to worry about. I noticed that in the above thread, most of the kitties who posted that they had something similar were orange too. Maybe it is an orange kitty trait. As always, you may want to consult a vet if it is something that really worries you. Purrrrrs
  • edited 19 June, 2007
    They\'re a lot like human \"freckles.\" It\'s just pigmentation, and is common in fair-skinned felines (orangies especially). As long as there are no lumps forming, no open sores, and no irritation, there shouldn\'t be anything to be concerned about. I\'m only 4 years old now, and I have the same thing going on. I have pink eyelids, pink nose and pink paw pads. As I age, some of the pink changes color. When in doubt, however, seek DVM assistance to make sure! |^| Lazarus