kitty sedation

Michael PaquetteMichael Paquette AugustaMember Posts: 7
edited 20 June, 2007 in Cat Health
I feel I need to sedate Vala in order to clip her nails. It's getting more and more important that we keep her nails trimmed as there's a baby on the way. Are there any safe, gentle sedatives what I can give her where she won't care if I'm clipping her nails? Also, getting ahold of the tranquilizers might be an issue. Would my vet have a problem with it or are there some available at the pet store? Maybe I should lace her water with ativan... j/k! Thanks folks!

Comments

• robyn nrobyn n Member Posts: 234
    edited 20 June, 2007
    I would first try to find her most lazy time of day and see if it is easier then. Good luck.
  • Sara Anne LeMoineSara Anne LeMoine Falls ChurchMember Posts: 36
    edited 20 June, 2007
    There are organic calming fluids or drops that you can try. Try a Google search or ask your vet. Mom has used them for me and they work well. No hard drugs or lasting side effects.
  • Mrs TMrs T TomahMember Posts: 16
    edited 20 June, 2007
    Maybe wait until she is sleeping or sleepy and try to trim them then. Mine fight less when they are tired.