VOmiting a few times a week

ISa MISa M MTL, CANADAMember Posts: 11
edited 26 June, 2007 in Cat Health
Hello, can someone help me..Guinness pukes three to four times a week...yellow and hairballs...He never did this before..should I be concerned? Otherwise he's playfull and doesn't seem to be hurt...although hate to be brushed...

Comments

• Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 June, 2007
    What is he eating? Do you brush him? Is he ok with the litterbox? Some foods have omega-3 oil in them and that does away with hairballs. But a few times a week and yellow, I'd take him in for a checkup.
  • ISa MISa M MTL, CANADAMember Posts: 11
    edited 22 June, 2007
    He's eating Vet Diet a good kind of food...I just started brushing him, he won't let me and bite but I know even if he dislike it that it is better for him. He uses the litter box but sometimes pees on wet towel if I forget them on the floor... If it's only hair and not food...do you think it's o.k and he's just a little sensitive right now? Thanks :?
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 June, 2007
    Hunter may be of help to you. His mom works in a big vet clinic. He asks to be pmailed directly so here is his page: Hunter
    edited 22 June, 2007
    ;) Thank you Hazel Lucy I sent her a message! Hope I'll be doing well...My mum loves me sooo!!
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 23 June, 2007
    I think it may be time for a check up. Although it may only be hairballs, you still shouldn't be vomiting that much. If your vet thinks that hairballs are your only issue, they may Rx some hairball medication (like Laxatone) to be given daily or weekly. If, on physical exam, they find other concerns, they will treat those accordingly. Please keep me updated on how you are doing. Purrs!
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 23 June, 2007
    Hunter kind of answered our question too. I am 2 and had blood work done and nothing big, but there is a question about my touchy tummy.:( Lots of hairball gagging.
  • Nancy GraceNancy Grace near Ft. WorthMember Posts: 104
    edited 23 June, 2007
    Slick was bulimic for years, may still be (but not as bad). She never used to lose weight. She doesn't seem to do it as often now since she's dropped from 20 to 10 lbs. Slick lost the weight late last year when she came down with something else. She's fine now considering her age, 21+. All of my cats, though, are sensitive to seafood. Try sticking to only chicken for a few weeks and see if that helps. Also, WalMart has a hairball rx that used to come in a white tube. It was carob (fake chocolate) flavored and Slick liked it so much that she learned how to unscrew the top and eat it. 20 lbs. of cat vs. a 1 ounce tube and the cat wins everytime!:))
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 24 June, 2007
    Boy, we think Slick is quite a cat.%:D%%:D% Good going for an older kitty.
    edited 26 June, 2007
    Thanks everyone! Just posting this message to tell you how's Guinness doing...I've been brushing his hair two times a day and bought today LAX-A-KAT hairball removal. It's made with Malt, white petrolatum, sodium benzoate, iron peptonized, peptones and purified water. So we'll see if he's going to be sick this week!!! purrrsss