Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Bloody Urine & Sweet Smelling Pee

Amanda BeebeAmanda Beebe Member Posts: 12
edited 24 June, 2007 in Cat Health
Hi all, I'm new around here, and my mommy is looking for some info, and thought this might help... Last week, mom noticed there was blood in my urine...she sat around all night watching my brother and I cos she couldn't figure out which one of us were peeing blood...she was kinda sad when she saw it was me, as I'm her little girl. Well, wouldn't you know it the next day she loaded me up into that little box and made me ride all the way to the vet in the box?!? She knows I like going for a ride, just not in the box! Well, the vet couldn't get a good urine sample from me, and kept me for a few hours. They told mom that they didn't know what was wrong - it was either crystals or possibly bacterial. They told her that by the time I was done with the anti-biotic, if I was still bleeding, it'll come down to x-rays now. She's kinda concerned, with all the kidney problems that have been going on. I have been on my meds for almost a week now, and mom has noticed that my urine is starting to smell really sweet. She knows that I'm going to have to go back to the vet, but does anyone have any ideas as to what she might be up against? She doesn't care if I'm sick, she wants to make me better, but she'd like to have an idea of what this might mean before going to the vet. I've still be fairly active. I've backed off chasing my brother a bit, but I'm still drinking some water, and as far as mom can tell I'm eating a little...any ideas? Sorry to be a bother and all..I'm just scared.