Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Worms!

Jenny FirthJenny Firth ChicoMember Posts: 772
edited 30 June, 2007 in Cat Health
I had to go to the vet yesterday! I had worms. All they did is weigh me and then they gave me a pill. I am hoping to gain my weight back now that the worms will be dying soon!

Comments

• Christa SielskiChrista Sielski ChattanoogaMember Posts: 1,650
    edited 29 June, 2007
    Aww we're so sorry to hear that. :( We hope you get better soon!!
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 29 June, 2007
    Eddie I too had worms {roundworms} when i adopted my people and they took me in from liveing outside. (they tested my poo, and there was the evidence, i was so ashamed...) The vet man told me "don't be ashamed" some times worms can come from your mother, and other worms from eating infected {prey} meals, and other worms from eating the fleas who eat parasite eggs. The vet gave me a pill based on my body weight. (it was easy to take) and then i and another poo had to go back in 3 weeks for re-checking. But i was all clear and didn't need to go back any third time. Taag went through all with me too, but she was clean from the start. and stayed that way. Lucky for me, my shame ended there. Our people never got our roundworms but! round worms are *zoonotic* meaning that they can transfer from cat to human (and are especially dangerous for small children and attack in their eye) I'm glad you are killing your nasty worms.
  • Jenny FirthJenny Firth ChicoMember Posts: 772
    edited 30 June, 2007
    Aww, that sounds hard. My dog sis ate my poop and now we think she has them. :)) Ha ha, pup! I'm glad you and I don't have them anymore!=;