Gone Fishin\' and Camping with Furman--BYON (bring your own nip)

Melinda BMelinda B Member Posts: 1,628
Anyone want to fish? I have been planning to take a fishing trip for awhile, and it is such a nice sunny clear day here at Lake Wequaquet I think the fish will be biting. Just drop by the dock any time you want and flag me down...I will come by and pick you up in our BIG GREEN CANOE!! The later we can have a bon fire and fry fishies and tell ghostcat stories. And we can hitchhike into town and buy marshmallows to roast. *takes out List of Things You Knead For Fishing* hmmmm.. Fishing license (unless fishing in certain places like your own land) --CHECK! Fishing set-up (rod, reel, line, hooks) --CHECK!! Bobber or sinkers --CHECK!! Bait (worms, salmon eggs, grasshoppers, bait fish, canned maize) --CHECK!! Some patience --ummm...NOPE! Local knowledge --CHECK!! A little luck --HOPEFULLY!! I also brought a cooler with tuna sandwiches and root beer. I have extra poles for those who don't have one. Here is the net and a bucket for the fishies we catch. Hopefully by the 4th we will have enough fish for a cookout!!! Wooohoooo!! Oh, and I brought a radio and some sleeping bags too. Can somecat help me put this pup tent up?? err...maybe we should call it a kit tent hee hee! *loads fishing poles onto BIG GREEN CANOE, and puts on four rubber galoshes that look like frogs*

Comments

• Christa SielskiChrista Sielski ChattanoogaMember Posts: 1,650
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *walks down pathway and sees the water* This looks neat!! *dips toe in the water* ::oCOOOLD::o Where's Furman?? FURMAN! OVER HERE!!!:-h:-h:-h
  • Margaret ThibaultMargaret Thibault TopekaMember Posts: 4,326
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Furman still need help with the tent. Mom put one up in the front yard mind you a couple of weeks ago, first one I saw but I think I can figure it out cause I checked it out real good. I found a fishing pole and other stuff. Do they to fireworks here, cause I\'m not sure if I like them or not.
  • Melinda BMelinda B Member Posts: 1,628
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Right here Leo!!!! *waves paw* hee hee Baja, yes they have fireworks, but we all have earplugs to wear. I heard they have some special fish shaped designs this year. OKAY! Lets get going with this tent. I think this pole goes through that part of the tent, then you stick it in the ground, then this pole goes here KAPOW *does three ninja hops backwards* WHOA!! This isn't going to be easy, the pole won't bend. Well, Lets do the tent later. LETS FISH!!! *runs and hops into the BIG GREEN CANOE and cracks open a root beer* Who wants to help me row?
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Wow a camping trip, this will be fun. I have never been camping, I am a city cat. *unpacks* Where can I plug in my heated cat bed???
  • Lyn YeomansLyn Yeomans Member Posts: 5,691
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Furman,,,guys,,, flip,,fink me is gunna after swim awt to dem,,,, Furmannnnnn its me,,,Alfieeee... waves crate of nipz above his head,,,,Yer want me to swim over to yers ? Me will, but me mite after empty de Nipz cans first,,,so me isnt too heavy !! ..sits on the dock and starts to open the cans and drink the contents,,,one by one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Flip,,,de cant see me,,,:-O
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Furman, looks like there is another kitty on the shore. Waves at Alfie, Hey we will be back in a bit save some nip. I found mom's hiding place before I left.
  • JENNIFER DUPREEJENNIFER DUPREE WILMINGTONMember Posts: 1,717
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *Tick checks his backpack* Nip? yup Fishing pole? yup bug spray? (moms idea) yup treats to share? yup See u later mom...I'm going fishin with the guys :-h
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Whoops!! I almost forgot my drum for the male bonding rituals by the fire!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *Tick walks down to the dock* Alfie!!! good to see you, isnt this a beautiful lake? I can smell the fishes!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Furman!!!! Over here :-h:-h Alfie, I dont know how to swim and dont wannna.
    edited 1 July, 2007
    :-h Hya,,,, guys,,, Hey, Tick ,,, flip,, me is well kitted awt !! look in me ruck sack,,, ders Nipz, nipz, nipz, er..nipz,,,,,wat else was me sposed to pack ? Got de essentials in me ruck sack an now burp,,,scuse me,,,me belly...Grins,,, We cud swim awt ...me is a gud swimmer ...Ohh ders de guys,,de as seen us,,,or was it me nipz de saw ? :)):)):))
    edited 1 July, 2007
    How many kits can fit in the canoe? I brought a life jacket (moms idea) just in case I fall in:))
  • edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi Guys or ladys maby somtime you can swing bye Minx and popsicles ocean side resort stop bye the tiki bar witch has smoothies witch i make and i add a secret to it or maby become a servent like me on ss annie thats my gf and i made a ship with her name on it it,s got a dinner place and lots more even rooms and we do cruises we can do wedding cruises just the cats you invite will be on there with you
  • Lisa EvansLisa Evans I'm a country CAT.Member Posts: 265
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *strolls up to lake* *looks for furman?* HEY DUDE...IM HERE
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey i got my arm floaties...mama says i can go in seeing how i like the water and all. WHO WANTS TO GO SWIMMING?
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Looks like we need another canoe. Maybe I can use the catphone (also moms idea) and call someone with another canoe.
    edited 1 July, 2007
    oh man, i have to go. i hear mama calling me. she says she is heading out and i have to go home. hmmm she takes all my fun sometimes. i will catch y'all later. later, big SIG
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *rows furiously back to the dock* WAIT!!! GUYS!!! We're coming!! I should have rented an outboard motor for this thing... *bumps into dock* We can fit lots of guys in here, it is a BIG GREEN CANOE after all. Hey Alfie, You look a little buzzed, did you sniff all the nip up?? HEE HEE! Okay Everyone, bait your hooks! *passes around grasshoppers and worms* Do you think the fish would rather have cheese and crackers??
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Alfie, Tick, Diego, Baja, and Sigmond!!:-h:-h I do think we need another canoe... We'll make more room in the canoe soon. Wait I think I have one in my backpack... :)):)) No wait... Look!! An infladable raft!!:D I think I'll need help blowing this up... anycat wanna help??
    edited 1 July, 2007
    I will!!! ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff uhhhhhhhhhh ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff uhhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhh ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffphth huh huhhhhhhhhh fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I huuuuuuuuh think huuuuuuuuuh I huuuuhh am uhhhhhhh hyperventalating huuuuuuuuuuh
    edited 1 July, 2007
    I FEEL A TUG AT MY LINE!!!!! *reels in the line* It is something real heavy!! I think it is a marlon or a shark!!! Do they have sharks in lakes? Tartar sauce!! It's just an old tire...
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *puts a grasshopper on end of hook* Hmm... I'd like some cheese and crackers :)) *fixes fishing line* I'm ready!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) Thanks for the help Furman!! :D
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Okay, throw your line in Leo!!! *watches Leo cast off*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *line tugs* What's this?! *starts to roll line back* WOW this must be huge! *rolls with all his might* uhhh.... *stares at the pint size fish* I got nothing :)) *replaces with a worm and casts off again*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    hee hee...we should use that fish as bait for a bigger fish!!! I brought a camera in case someone catches Jaws!!! *tummy growls* Anycat want a tuna sammich now?? My sisfurs packed a bunch of them right here in this cooler...HEY!!!! THERES NOTHING IN HERE BUT CAT LITTER!! PHOEBE!!!! Why does she always have to torture me??!!!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    ::o::oNO TUNA!!! Wow... I hope Saki didn't do anything with all my stuff... Well at least we don't have to use leaves :))
    edited 1 July, 2007
    We can call our mommies and see they want to bring us another load of sammiches?? Or have someone bring us some more?:?
  • Kimberly BordelonKimberly Bordelon AustinMember Posts: 1,932
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *Tigger & Boudin are galloping up* "let's get this party started" says Boo....Tigger, shaking his head--always thinks he is the center of attention... Got our water wings & marshmellows too(can't spell)