Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Gone Fishin\' and Camping with Furman--BYON (bring your own nip)

Comments

• Margaret ThibaultMargaret Thibault TopekaMember Posts: 4,326
    edited 1 July, 2007
    I'll just keep fishin' cause we can catch a big one and then we will all eat.
  • Kimberly BordelonKimberly Bordelon AustinMember Posts: 1,932
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hmmmm, nothing is biting fur me...maybe I'll go over here(tripping```falls in the water,splash) Well,I guess I am scaring them all away (Boudin is hissing at Tigger and smacks him on the head)
    edited 1 July, 2007
    =; Woohoo ,caught one, erghhh,it's heavy! Crash.....Ahhhh! Too bad,it looks like an old wet rain-boot(silly humans)....awww:-/
  • Christa SielskiChrista Sielski ChattanoogaMember Posts: 1,650
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi Tigger hi Boudin!:-h *looks out at the water* I think I see lots of fish over there! *points* Hurry! Get your lines ready!! *sticks another worm on hook*
  • Anna McCurdyAnna McCurdy HalifaxMember Posts: 609
    edited 1 July, 2007
    hi guys Camping trips are fun. Jake
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Yup this is fun. I got some marshmallows too, left over from the Slumber party. Just want a real fish to eat.
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi Baja,Jake, & Leo! Yep, I think I'm gonna try fur one again...never give up,right ...(still soaking wet from falling in,shakes water off!!)
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey all! My brother,Tiggy, is a clutz... Hey, I caught one!!! Yippee,(reeling reeling reeling, and snap!) #$%$#% What? :-O My line broke,boo hoo(whining and catter wauling):(( hangs head down.....
  • Melinda BMelinda B Member Posts: 1,628
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *hands Tigger a towel* Okay, I think we need a new approach. Lets try spear fishing now!! *takes a spear out of the canoe* Wow, that was random...how did that get there?? *looks in the water for fish shadows and holds spear up in the air* SPLASH!!! DID I GET IT?? Nope, just some seaweed. How did they get seaweed in a lake? I guess it is lakeweed... I have another idea I got from The Incredible Journey. I'll put the bait on my tail and stick my tail in the water. Maybe I'll catch one that way. *dips tail fur in bait bucket, then stick bum in water*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Aww its okay Boo, don't worry, we'll get something. And if we can't Baja can catch us a big juicy SQUIRREL!!! HEY SOMETHING IS BITING MY TAIL!!! *flicks tail out of water* ITS A MINNOW!!!! Someone get the crackers!! We can eat minnow and cheese cracker sammiches!!! *dunks tail back in water* Everycat TAIL FISH!!!! MOL:))
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Tigger, Hand me that old boot you caught, we can store the minnows in there....
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi Jake! Aww poor Boudin. It's ok! You'll get another one! *reels in line* We need some fish before it gets dark
    edited 1 July, 2007
    That is a great idea Furman!! And it just might work! =D>=;*sticks tail in water and waits*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Furman,thanks fur the towel,man... Much much better=D> Maybe we should all try the tail in water approach! I'm a bit nervous,thinking I may get all wet again...ya'll can try catching the fish...hmmmm A chipmunk sounds great,whatcha think?%:D%
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Tigger! A chipmunk sounds great me!! I'll go for anything:D I think I should check my tail before I fall in. Look! I got a minnow too!! Yay! The tail trick does work! %:D%
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Here is the boot and it looks like there is a fish stuck in it!!! Woohoo!=D>:)) Looks like we won't have to work so hard....
  • Lyn YeomansLyn Yeomans Member Posts: 5,691
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Furman,,,, wat dus me do wiv dis bait ? No..me cant put it on me hook,,,,ne crate ov nipz is hooked on der,,,keepin cool in de water. Hic,,,, yes, me packed all de Campin essentials...nipz, nipz an more nipz...grins hic !... anyone want a cool nipz? Reels crate in ,,,Here guys ,,, me as loads more ...Hic,,, jus put me line back in ,,cant av a warm beer can yer .... Purrs Hic ,,Alfie :)):)):))
  • Anna McCurdyAnna McCurdy HalifaxMember Posts: 609
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi guys I bought some left over beer and nip from the canada Day party. ;c;;c;
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Yay Jake and Alfie!;c;
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hmmm some beer sounds mighty fine to us too!!!=D> Except ,Tiggy probably should not have any--- he may just fall in the water again! That may be fun to see...heehee:))
    edited 1 July, 2007
    MEOWZERS!!! This is furtastic!! Beer, Minnow sammiches, nip, a sunset and NO CHICKS!!!! I am going to set up the sleeping bags in the tent now cuz my Mommy said I have to be in bed by 10:30 MOL. *rolls out the sleeping bags and sprays around with bug repellant* And I'll set up the bon fire too so we can toast the marshmallows and sing drinking songs. Alfie, do you know any of those?? *burp*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hey Tigger!!! I thikn I just saw me a lightning bug!!! Weren't we just meowing about those? Lets catch some and put them in a jar for a flashlight in the tent!! *runs and scoops up lightning bugs* YAWWWWWWWN *puts a sticky marshmallow on a stick and ignites it* Who wants the first one?? Its crispy.
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Can I have a crispy one?! PLEASE? *big grin*:D:D Oh and Tigger and Boudin, haha we had the wrong city in you guestbooks! We don't live in Sanfransisco!! :)) Sorry bout that! *rolls out sleeping bag and uses Furman's bug repellent* *sits on it by the fire*
    edited 1 July, 2007
    (Rolling out both sleeping bags,zip,zip) (Yaaawwwnnn),mom says we gots to go to beddie bye soon too, aww never can stay up as late as we want,no fair!!! Looks like Boo is already passed out from too much beer!:-k Either that or he's stoned on the nip...you never can tell These marshmellows are great ,esp. w/ the fireflies stuck in them!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Yep Furman,we were just talkin' bout the fireflies the other day...good ideas on using them as a light! Au Naturel
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Snoring....burp....grumble
    edited 1 July, 2007
    *yawns* It is getting late... *curls up under blanket* Night everycat. Wake me when something happens please. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:^:
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hee hee...nighty night Boo and Tiggy!! See you in the morning time!! Here you go Leo, the crispy one with flies!! *licks paws and chops* YAWWWWWWN Is Everycat ready for bed?? Baja? Are you done chasing critters yet?? Maybe we should invite Morgan to guard us while we sleep. *STRETCHES* Where did I put my rucksack?? I need to get my jammies out. *takes out pink Hello Kitty pajamas* PHOEBE!!! These aren't mine!! I SWEAR!! Oh well, I guess since we are all men I'll sleep nude. *walks around in a circle four times on sleeping bag and lays down and listens to fire crackling* Night Dudes!!! Lets eat more minnow sammiches for breakfast!!!
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Yaaawnnn* Pulls up side flap and turns on side* Night night back to ya pals! Sleep tight All! Boudin will probably wake during the night,get spooked and try to get in my sleeping bag w/ me. :-k:-k:-k
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Night guys, (that sounds good no girls). I just didn\'t want to give up on the fish, but my old great grand dad said to get up real early. :^: