Are cats very food modivated?

Sofia GasacaoSofia Gasacao San Leandro, CAMember Posts: 468
edited 5 July, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Mommy says I\'m very food modivated and doesn\'t know what to do. Are we all food modivated or is it just me?

Comments

• Nicole FoxNicole Fox PawsvilleMember Posts: 3,777
    edited 3 July, 2007
    I love my food. I'll steal it, squawk for it, purr for it heck I'll do anything for it........as long as it's people food.
  • Karin PruessnerKarin Pruessner DurbanMember Posts: 2,110
    edited 3 July, 2007
    Gimme some goodies and I'll answer that question for you! :))! :))!
  • Elizabeth WrightElizabeth Wright Member Posts: 129
    edited 3 July, 2007
    I will sit on command for food. I'm so ashamed.
  • Sarah CrestworthSarah Crestworth San FranciscoMember Posts: 162
    edited 3 July, 2007
    My cats aren't so food motivated. They enjoy they're food, but wouldn't go out of their way for a treat. The dogs on the other hand, wooph! :))! But Ginger is still a kitten and Panther is also quite young, about a year old, so they're always on the go and don't have the interest to sit around and eat. It varies from cat to cat.
  • Pet SerranoPet Serrano Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
    edited 4 July, 2007
    I can hear the word \"chickawn\" whispered from any room in the house. I\'ll do just about anything for chickawn. Even beg on by hind legs. I like dressing up and getting my picture taken because I get treats. I wouldn\'t put up with it just fur publicity. But when I get to go outside, my interest in food fades because outside is MUCH more interesting than food, though I might feel differently if I had to live out there. Offering me food won\'t get me to go back in.
  • Sofia GasacaoSofia Gasacao San Leandro, CAMember Posts: 468
    edited 5 July, 2007
    ok so mommy just needs to distract me from eating?
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 5 July, 2007
    I dunno. It must depend on the cat. It doesn't matter what mommy does, I still beg and plead for food whenever mommy's in the kitchen cooking food. MOL. I can't help it, mommy's a pretty good cook, and all that stuff I shouldn't eat (onions, tomatoes, potatoes, berries, chocolate) just smells so good! Mommy has taken to feeding me wet food (to supplement my dry food diet with something less dry and yummier) whenever she and daddy have a big meal like dinner, because they just can't sit down and eat without me stalking their plates and trying to lick them at the end of the night. I figure I shouldn't disturb them while they eat, but there's nothing unpolite about inspecting leftovers. One time I sat myself on one of the plates to lick one of its drippy corners, and didn't get off it until mom had almost lifted me and the plate off the table! MOL. She thinks maybe my problem is that I want to be included in everything (I'll also inspect the bathtub while mommy showers, and sometimes I even meow at her when she locks herself in the bathroom or the bedroom and I can't see what she's doing - what's privacy, and why is it important again?), and so maybe if I get a bit of my own food while they're eating, I'll think I'm sharing a meal with them and won't be curious about what's on their plates because I'm busy minding mine. Well, this works most of the time, but today mom and dad had really, really yummy smelling food, so I started pestering them for a bite of their burgers. I don't know what burgers are, but they smelled tastier than my yummy cat food! Mommy had to walk away from her plate while daddy guarded it, and she went and picked up my wet food bowl saying "I guess you don't want this anymore, huh? I can throw it away, right?". I stared at her blankly, and she made a motion to toss the food into the garbage disposal, and I panicked and ran back towards it. She called my bluff! I hate it when she does that.:(