I am trying to put music on my site, need help

Martine AllmanMartine Allman Member Posts: 35
edited 17 July, 2007 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Hi all, I am trying to put a project playlist on my site but just flat out dont know how. Project Playlist gives me a code then tells me to download it in my profile on my web page. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have the patience to teach me?

Comments

• Martine AllmanMartine Allman Member Posts: 35
    edited 8 July, 2007
    Hey nevermind!! I got it!!!
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 8 July, 2007
    :)) OK so how\'d you do it?
    edited 8 July, 2007
    Imeem or whatever their name is has only 30 sec of a song and I tried a couple other places but their tag is too large to copy and paste I think. Just wondering if you have run into an easier site or maybe music will all have to be paid for.
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 9 July, 2007
    Hi Kitties! :-h I just wanted to mention that imeem is where we get all our music. Only a few songs are 30 seconds long...you have to search and search sometimes, but mostly you can get the whole song that you like totally for free!!!! I have to admit that does drive Mommy crazy sometimes, but if you have the time it's worth it! :D
  • Rachel GibbonsRachel Gibbons LongmontMember Posts: 1,686
    edited 10 July, 2007
    I got mine on imeem and they're both 30 secs but I luve them!
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 July, 2007
    There are apparently still some complete songs on Imeem. Mom found mine on Imeem just a few days ago, and my brother Felix's song is the complete version also.
  • Meghan NoceMeghan Noce RuidosoMember Posts: 309
    edited 11 July, 2007
    projectplaylist is a little tricky you have to do a lot more to get it on your page than Imeem if you have any more trouble I might could help :)
    edited 15 July, 2007
    May check in with Tommy some day when I have lots of time.:)) I started a playlist, but not sure how to get the code to put it on my page.
  • Autumn GessertAutumn Gessert Amarillo, TXMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 16 July, 2007
    I am a different Tommy. This may sound real dumb, but I am new at this. I went to imeem and found the songs we all liked, but when we copied the code to our pages, the music doesn't play ... the code just shows up on my page. What did I do wrong? Does anycat know?
    edited 16 July, 2007
    I hope this doesn\'t post twice! This is a different Tommy ... and I don\'t know what I\'m doing when I try to add music to my page. We went to imeem and found music we liked, copied the code (we thought!) and put it on the page. But the music won\'t play, the code just shows up on the page. What did we do wrong, and how do we get the music to play -- anycat know?
    edited 16 July, 2007
    Okay. I posted my question twice cuz I was posting while Catster was having some trouble this morning ... but good news, you guys. In the meantime, I figured out what I did wrong, and it works now! I copied the wrong code, first, then the problem I had was corrected by changing those two \"false\" values to \"true\" -- I found the answer right here deeper in the forum....so thanks to everyone!
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 17 July, 2007
    Hi:-h On imeem, you have to make sure you check off AutoPlay before you copy the code. If you did and it still doesn't work, sometimes you just have to copy and paste it again%:D% Whoops- your most recent reply didn't show up until after I posted this!
    edited 17 July, 2007
    Oliver, I was just going to say the same thing.:-h
  • Meghan NoceMeghan Noce RuidosoMember Posts: 309
    edited 17 July, 2007
    Tommy did you press the auto play button before you copied the code???
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 17 July, 2007
    There is also a new site that I just learned about called: www.myflashfetish.com and it seemed pretty straight forward on how to find a song and add it here. I'm still working with it though, but thought I'd toss the site out in case anycat else is interested in it. One thing though is that you do have to join it to get the code, but it's free and mom always has a junk email acct set up for stuff like that anyway. :))
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 17 July, 2007
    Looks like you figured it out, Tommy. Cool! We like www.minorcrisis.net because we can use our own music from our computer.