exhausting!

Rachael FaughtRachael Faught Member Posts: 28
edited 24 July, 2007 in Kitten Corner
OMG. Kittens are exhausting. It's been a little rough going from a highly obedient perfectly trained cuddle bug of a cat to KITTENS. Don't get me wrong; I don't regret adopting them in the least. I just needed to post to a place where I think someone may understand where I am coming from :D

Comments

• Kelly BrayKelly Bray Stoke-on-TrentMember Posts: 65
    edited 22 July, 2007
    Hi, don't worry, it's hard work at first but it will get easier. keep us updated on how you are doing
  • Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    edited 22 July, 2007
    They will slow down a little eventually! Hang in there!
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 22 July, 2007
    It's good that you have two together to keep each other company it's MUCh more exhausting if your one kittens sole playmate as all they want to do 24 hours a day is play!
  • Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
    edited 22 July, 2007
    Totally hear you! Mommy hasn't exercised much in the two weeks we've been here MOL. She'll even sometimes forget to feed herself! But things are calming down in the last couple days...or else she's gotten used to our schedule :))
  • Leah KerfontLeah Kerfont StephenvilleMember Posts: 15
    edited 22 July, 2007
    Mommy knows what you are talking about. She has me and my sister and mommy finds it hard at times also. She knows that we love her though and that once we get a bit older it will be better.
  • edited 23 July, 2007
    it's been almost 14 yrs since mama had 2 little kittens...but she very clearly remembers how much work Biddie & I were (TONS of fun too) be patient, consistent, gentle and loving...they'll understand after a while...and they'll respond better to positive behavior reinforcement too ( lots of extra praise & cuddles when they do something right)
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 23 July, 2007
    What cutie pies you are!! No wonder your meowmy took you little guys. We adopted our meowmy in May, 2006...she had lost four cats in Hurricane Katrina. She can understand where you are coming from. We live in a 350 square foot FEMA trailer....and when we first moved in we would run back and forth all the time. Meowmy said we sounded like a herd of elephants instead of two small k ittens. Trust me, it will get better - and you did the right thing taking two kittens. Meowmy did that so we could keep each other company while she went to "work" (whatever that is). Emma, Louis and Benny Grunch P.S. Benny Grunch moved in with us in January, 2007...visit our pages
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 23 July, 2007
    Mommy says she knows where you're coming from. She adopted me at 6 months, but boy was I a bundle of energy! I've calmed down some, but I can still be a terror in the mornings, and sometimes that's hard to take for her. I'm also a lot more vocal about my needs now. Just remember, establishing boundaries is key: if you let kittens wake up up at 4 AM, they'll keep doing it. If you let it be known you need to sleep, thankyouverymuch, they will adapt to it, even if they'll sound upset about it at first. Just hang in there.
  • Christine UnversawChristine Unversaw EvanstonMember Posts: 3,321
    edited 23 July, 2007
    MOL, I drove mom NUTS when I was a kitten. Her hair was, and still is, the best toy ever!!! Just hang in there...we calm down after a while...at least a little bit!! :D
  • Beth HubbleBeth Hubble Member Posts: 111
    edited 23 July, 2007
    My Meowmy wasn't to sure about me at first either. Big sis Sheba was an unusually calm and cuddly kitten. I'm more like big bubby Lyle was as a kitten. I have my "tornado" episodes, and they drive Meowmy NUTS! I hear her reminding herself over and over again, that I will get better.
  • Beth HubbleBeth Hubble Member Posts: 111
    edited 23 July, 2007
    My Meowmy wasn't to sure about me at first either. Big sis Sheba was an unusually calm and cuddly kitten. I'm more like big bubby Lyle was as a kitten. I have my "tornado" episodes, and they drive Meowmy NUTS! I hear her reminding herself over and over again, that I will get better.
  • Brittany TisdaleBrittany Tisdale Bartlett/MemphisMember Posts: 726
    edited 24 July, 2007
    MOL! Boy, do I know what you mean.... Right now we have 10 fosters kittens... 1, 13 day old, 5, 5 week olds and 4, 10 week olds! At one point this summer we had 16 at one time, 12 of which were bottle babies on an every two hour feeding schedule! It does get better though :) Well, if you\'re not crazy like me and bring more fosters home every time you get one to an adoptable age MOL
  • Andrea DewarAndrea Dewar Member Posts: 1
    edited 24 July, 2007
    Mommy and Daddy just adopted me last month and I am now a little over 4 months old. I am crazy and run around every where and get into things all over the place and drive mommy crazy sometimes as well. I m only snuggly when I am tired... If I am playing I wont let mommy or daddy hold me because I want to play!
  • Rachael FaughtRachael Faught Member Posts: 28
    edited 24 July, 2007
    I was only 8 when I adopted Mr. Destiny so I can't recall much of what his behavior was like when he was a kitten ~ so these two getting in and on to everything has been a challenge. Thank you everyone who replied ~ I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling exhausted/ overwhelmed at first ^^ Hopefully by this time next year I'll be reporting about healthy, happy calmer cats ;)
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 24 July, 2007
    I know what you mean. I am a new kitten too and I hardly ever stop moving. When I'm moving I am running somewhere too. Mom got me a crinkle tunnel and that keeps me busy for a while. Love, Gordy
  • Nora GonzalezNora Gonzalez Member Posts: 5
    edited 24 July, 2007
    My mom logged in to the forum to ask the same question, she was wondering If I was a weird kitty or something. I have lots of energy, I only calm down when I´m asleep, otherwise I play with anything I find, either my toys or the electrical wires, I mean ANYthing! My mom had'n had that problem before because my roomate Paulina is so well behaved... I know mom loves me so much but sometimes she finds me a little anoying :) I can see other people have experienced the same, so I feel better now knowing that I'm a normal kitty :)) ... good luck!