Mixed and Varied Diet

Janelle StokesJanelle Stokes ChristchurchMember Posts: 28
edited 22 July, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hi everyone. My diet consists of cat biscuits to graze on (Friskies usually, but recently I've been loudly displaying my preference for Purina Cat Chow), plus cat food of whatever brand is on special in pouch or tin form, plus meat from the pet food store or butcher (especially when money is tight). I have at least one, sometimes two small servings of wet food a day and the rest of the time I eat the biscuits. Oh, the meat from the pet food shop or butcher is usually rabbit mince, "cat mince" (horsemeat?), beef mince, beef liver, chicken liver, chicken necks, chicken giblets, lamb kidneys and beef heart. Very, very occasionally I also get a whole turkey wing to myself to munch on. I hope these are all okay for me to eat... Do you think I'm getting all my nutritional needs? The biscuits are labeled "100% complete" so J hopes I'm getting enough from that even though we don't really trust the packaging, but I always insist on my wet food. I haven't become overweight yet although I did gain slightly now it's Winter and I spend more time sleeping. PS: I live in New Zealand.