QUESTION ABOUT WHEAT FREE TREATS...

Jacquelyn HalderJacquelyn Halder Member Posts: 32
edited 17 September, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hi! Do any of you buy any wheat-free, all-meat freeze dried treats for your cats? What type do you buy & where? I really need some, the boys are missing their Temptations (they got sick from them) I need an all-meat treat but dry so they can be kept handy! If you DO buy these, do your cats like them a lot? Thanks!!!! :-h:D:^:

Comments

• kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 24 July, 2007
    oh boy temptations, we go nuts for them in this house. oh wait, was that the treat jar rattling? we like the dog chicken jerky. mom got it for the dog but we decided we wanted it too. natural purrz are wheat free i think.
  • Cherise ReeseCherise Reese AustinMember Posts: 128
    edited 24 July, 2007
    I used to buy dried chicken tender jerky treats at Sams & Costco for the dogs. The cats loved it when I cut a few pieces up for them. You can get them in pet stores also, but they cost more for a smaller package. Here\'s a link to a place I\'ve bought treats before. She has awesome stuff. http://www.barfershoppe.com/Treats page 1.htm
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 24 July, 2007
    yeah you get a giant amount at costco for much mor reasonable than the regular pet store. that's where mom got ours. also, our local co-op has dried duck jerky too and she just got some for the dog so we'll have to try it too.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 24 July, 2007
    Grrr...
    edited 24 July, 2007
    Hisses to the Catster fleas :(
    edited 24 July, 2007
    I love VitaKitty treats and WildSide Salmon treats :c9 Both are 100% meat. Wildside Salmon is freeze dried and has a crunchy texture. VitaKitty is kind of like jerky. Other good all meat treats: Halo Liv-A-Littles treats Kitty Kissers Real Food Toppers
  • Jacquelyn HalderJacquelyn Halder Member Posts: 32
    edited 25 July, 2007
    Hey ♥ Thanksss for all your responses everyone! I\'m gonna check them all out! I want treatsss! Mol!!! Havva PURRFECT DAY KITTIES! Mrrrow!!!! =^..^=
  • Karyn LehmannKaryn Lehmann redlandsMember Posts: 247
    edited 25 July, 2007
    Ziwi good cat treats, & Kitty Kaviar dried bonito, also Zukes natural purrs and Catswell chicken.
    edited 25 July, 2007
    You can buy big bags of bonito flakes at Asian supermarkets (or online) for just a few dollars. That's better than paying a couple dollars for a tiny tub of bonito flakes at the pet store. Bonito flakes are just dried tuna flakes. The Japanese use bonito to make soup. Make sure the only ingredient in the bag is bonito. Sometimes preservatives and salt is added.
  • Patricia KrookPatricia Krook Member Posts: 13
    edited 26 August, 2007
    I didn't see these mentioned yet so let me add to the list (I love treats!!) Grandma Lucy's has excellent treats - mahi-mahi, tuna, chicken liver, ocean white fish, roasted chicken - all are made in the US in their own facility and packaged by them. Whole Life - chicken, slammin' salmon, cod, beef muscle, beef liver, turkey Dr. Harvey's Whisker Smackers - beef, fish or chicken. All of the above are single protein, single ingredient treats. I prefer Kitty Kaviar to the tub stuff from the big stores...KK was the first on the market with this as a pet treat and packages it so it doesn't break up into dust..has nice large petals of shaved fish. Num.
  • Bonnie HeavensBonnie Heavens Hoffman EstatesMember Posts: 40
    edited 17 September, 2007
    We both LOVE the Whole Life Chicken Treats...I cry for them every morning after breakfast :)
  • Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 17 September, 2007
    Mom read this post earlier this morning and then went to the farm supply store to get us some Innova Evo food (nobody else seems to have it around here) to try. While she was in there she spotted VitaKitty treats! I had never had them before but they are so good! They look like the bacon strips mom and dad eat on the weekends just smaller. Mom gave one to Jewel but she was too interested in her new mouse mom got her to notice.