Gassy Tummy!

Mandi CarterMandi Carter Lago VistaMember Posts: 79
edited 1 August, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
I have been at my new home for two weeks now. The shelter was feeding me Science Diet, but my mom has switched me over to Nutro Indoor Kitten dry food. She did the switch over gradually, mixing the two foods so my tummy wouldn't get upset. Unfortunately, I'm always burping and have stinky gas. Also, my tummy seems a bit bloated. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Christine UnversawChristine Unversaw EvanstonMember Posts: 3,321
    edited 26 July, 2007
    Go back to Science Diet. That's the same thing that happened to me. I went onto Wellness, another premium food, and my stomach just couldn't handle it. After a while I stopped eating alltogether, but when we switched me back to a less rich food, my stomach was much better.
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 1 August, 2007
    It may also be a parasite that causing the stinky gasiness, have you done a fecal sample yet? Try bland foods in chicken flavor, usually easier on the stomach to digest.
  • Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    edited 1 August, 2007
    I was lethal too! Mommy took me to the vet and I had Giardia. I had some soft stools as well. Since I've been off the antibiotics I am no longer Mr. Stinky Britches :)) Here are some causes of Gas: --Aerophagia (swallowing air) occurs most often from eating quickly or gulping during eating. -- Diets that are high in soybean or fiber, spoiled food, and/or overeating increase the amount of gas produced by the intestinal bacteria and increase the amount of flatulence. -- Dietary intolerance or allergy may induce gastrointestinal signs that include any combination of vomiting, diarrhea, and flatulence. -- Malabsorptive disorders (diseases that cause difficulty absorbing nutrients) and maldigestive disorders (diseases that cause poor digestion of food) result in flatulence by altering bacterial fermentation and food processing. --Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is an inflammation of the walls of the intestines. Vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, poor appetite, and weight loss are common clinical signs of IBD. -- Gastrointestinal cancer, such as lymphosarcoma and others may cause flatulence. -- Infections of the intestines with viruses, bacteria, parasites may increase gas production, but this is often overlooked because of the significant vomiting and diarrhea they also produce. -- Constipation is the infrequent or difficult passage of feces. It is occasionally associated with flatulence.
  • edited 1 August, 2007
    i had a gassy tummy and my cat family from KITTEN KABOODLE! i can see why it ment KABOODLE!! cuse we toot