Chroma filter

Mary Anne WilsonMary Anne Wilson CamasMember Posts: 1,105
edited 1 August, 2007 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
I used the Catster Code for the Chroma filter to fill in the entire background, but it slowed my page down to a tear-out-your-hair crawl. Other pages have lots more bells and whistles and don\'t seem to load slowly. What gives? :?

Comments

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 August, 2007
    Nice page, :-h it loaded fine for me:? Maybe there was a flea.
  • Mary Anne WilsonMary Anne Wilson CamasMember Posts: 1,105
    edited 1 August, 2007
    No, that's because I removed the chroma filter and went back to just the background, side & transparent codes. But thanks for checking!
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 1 August, 2007
    AAAAAAAARG! Chroma Filters! Bad, bad thing - MOL! Chroma filters take a lot of resourses to run. If this is the only item you have on your page, it isn\'t too bad. When you start adding more - then you have trouble. I don\'t need to check the page source code to know if a page is using Chroma Filters. I know first up that way the page takes furever to load and then scrolling down the page is a nightmare. Please Kit Cats - - Do Not Use Chroma Filters On Your Pages :(( :-#
  • Mary Anne WilsonMary Anne Wilson CamasMember Posts: 1,105
    edited 1 August, 2007
    Thanks, Icebox. You confirmed my suspicians! Bad chroma = Bad Karma.