Has anyone used Shed-X for cats?

Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
edited 6 August, 2007 in Grooming
My fur is horrible, Meowmy really hates my fur. It's not soft and it sheds all the time, even in the winter. When I roll around on the carpet I leave a bunch of fur behind. Meowmy hasta vacuum at least once a week and that's usually not enough. I hate being brushed, it scares me. So Meowmy was considering this new Shed-X stuff. Anybody around here ever use the stuff?

Comments

• Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 5 August, 2007
    No, But we just ordered the FURminator on eBay. (Very expensive on other sites.) http://www.furminator.com/testbed/indexnew.html
  • Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
    edited 5 August, 2007
    Meowmy bought the Shedender comb, but we ALL HATE being brushed! Dusty usually bites the comb, and then the hand that combs him! I usually try to run away and freak out!
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 5 August, 2007
    Mom just went online for reviews and most people said the FURminator was much better and cats tolerated the brushing more. They say the Shed-X is a cheap imitation. If you look around you can find one (the small blue one is for us kitties) for about $20.00 on eBay or Amazon. Good luck!
  • Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
    edited 5 August, 2007
    The Shed-X isn't a brush or comb. It's a spray liquid additive for the kitty's food. It's basically an internal help for shedding by adding vitamins to their diet. Here's the info page from Petco. http://www.petco.com/product/10063/Shed-X-for-Cats.aspx
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 6 August, 2007
    the furminator makes a food supplement too. what are you feeding your cat? my cats shed relatively little and have very beautiful silky coats so you may be able to stop the shedding by a diet change instead of a supplement.