what cat litter is the best?

Veronica BaezVeronica Baez CaguasMember Posts: 402
edited 15 August, 2007 in Grooming
I am looking for a real good cat litter for misu one that u cant even notice the smell of cat poo. does anyone know a cat litter that hides the smell?

Comments

• Forrest JenkinsForrest Jenkins Member Posts: 439
    edited 14 August, 2007
    I've use the Tidy Cats for multiple cats before, but it seems to take 10-15 minutes for even the best litter to absorb the smells. The best thing for odor control is cleaning the box at least twice a day, and getting the excrement out of the house immediately. Also, my litter boxes are in a room off by themselves because no member of my household, least of all the cats, wants to hang out in that smell! Wet food and kitten milk can make for some serious *stank* as can any antibiotics or dewormers a young kitten might need. Mine got HORRIBLE cat gas and the litter box was unbearable, all from antibiotics they had to take to get rid of an upper respiratory infection.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 14 August, 2007
    I agree, even the best litters need some time to work after the cat goes and scooping once or twice daily helps. We have tried several litters in the past and our favorites are: Fresh Step Scoop Arm & Hammer The World\'s Best Cat Litter They all seem to control odors well. Tidy Cats and Arm & Hammer also make some litter additives that you can sprinkle on top of the litter to control odors. Be aware though that some cats do not like the smell of the products and may refuse to use the box. If you want to try it, offer multiple boxes and try it in one to see if the cat accepts it.
  • Veronica BaezVeronica Baez CaguasMember Posts: 402
    edited 15 August, 2007
    thnx