Do you think by Micheal Vicks public apologize will change how you feel??

Tammy RiveraTammy Rivera gadsdenMember Posts: 466
edited 3 September, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
I watched what he had to say and it did not change one thing about my feelings towards this killer. I tried to search hard and deep and all that came to my mind was seeing the things that these poor animals went through. (A Tear) I did not believe one word he had to say and then to top the cake that he has given his life to God. I am no one to judge but I sure didn't feel it when it was said. What..... he is upset about the fact he was cought and that is that. He should have never did a public speeking becasue it did not do one dang thing for me. But prove he is an idoit. Sorry to be so harsh but I just do not believe it not one dang thing he said. "NOTHING" Let me do him like he did them then I can think about forgivness.And that is think about it. grrrrrrrrrrr http://espn.go.com/ Kizmits Unforgiving Mom :(( What I wanna know is how he can stand himself for all that he has done? Where does he get off not having to do no serious time? What makes him so perfect? What the heal makes him tick? Is it ok now to have dog fighting going on?? Why are they sending out the wrong message?? WHY WHY WHY..... Gosh I am so mad so mad.....Did we not do enough when we signed petitions or wrote letters?? AM I to blame for the outcome of this????What I mean by that is there more that I could have done.?

Comments

• martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 28 August, 2007
    My feeling was it was all about Michael Vick and what he needed to do for himself: me me me... :(( And when he said he was giving his life to Jesus, all I could think was POOR JESUS!! He sure has to keep some rotten company. There was not ONE word of remorse about those poor dogs or how he would help end dogfighting. He said dogfighting was a \"terrible thing.\" Well, why did he indulge in it in the first place? :? I noticed my news channel only showed the clips of him saying he was sorry he let the kids down - the most sympathetic part of his spiel. But I watched the whole thing and that was the only part where it sounded like he \"cared\" about anyone other than himself. Then I REALLY got hot under the collar :r when Blank, owner of the Falcons, said he thought the speech was sincere and that there was a chance he could play ball again! :-O I guess the dollar signs were swimming in his head. ;) The only way Vick can redeem himself in OUR eyes is if he were to work with the HSUS to stop dogfighting in this country somehow. And he\'d have to do ALOT.
  • Tammy RiveraTammy Rivera gadsdenMember Posts: 466
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Nancy Grace just had a show about it and she is real tuff on anyone and she is still be tuff on what he did and she is not fond on Pits no way. She did not feel his what he had to say either no one on her panal did. Now he feels that he is in the clear because he gave his life to GOD??? My understanding when you turn a new leaf so to speek that you come clean with everything and I mean everything. And the judge told him that he will not win this one and he knew he was not. But you know what regardless how I feel or anyone else he has to answer for his choices and he will. So he can think he is fooling someone but he cannot fool the almighty. And I still do not believe one word he said, and then he said he had to GROW UP????? Oh my gosh.....No he did not say that....
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Don\'t believe a word of what he said. It was just a speech written for the sake of his career and reputation. As others have said, he never spoke of how the dogs suffered or how he wants to help. It was all me, me, ME. He figures he can work around this just like he\'s worked around everything in his life. He doesn\'t know what it\'s like to really be accountable for anything because he\'s always gotten off the hook. I honestly believe the whole God thing was just said to appease people and try to get religious people to forgive me. Sorry, but I don\'t buy it and even if it\'s true, he still didn\'t apologize for the dogs lives that were lost. I may be wrong, but I just cannot forgive him that quickly. Now, if he went to work to truly save animals, help pass laws for stiffer penalties for abuse, etc., then I will say he\'s somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes; however, I don\'t ever see that happening. It would take too much work and responsibility. Frankly, I don\'t think he cares at all. He wants another easy out, and it looks like he\'ll get it. That sends the wrong message and makes me mad. I\'ll stop venting now. Thanks for listening. Jack
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    edited 28 August, 2007
    From Mom: I find it amazing that so many criminals turn \"To God\", when their lives are falling apart, but, couldn\'t find time to ask for his guidance when they were, or thought they were, on top of the world. I would like to believe that this nice looking young Man, with a \"God Given Gift\" of incredible athletic ability, is sincere, and can and will change. What I wonder, though, is this; Is is possible for someone who is so sick, that they abuse, torture, and kill, innocent animals, for their own pleasure and profit, To Change? Can they redeem their lives, or, can you not acquire what you don\'t have, namely, a conscience? I am very sure, that Vick is horrible sorry he was caught, and stands to lose an incredible fortune in endorsements, not to mention salary, his reputation, his career, and will spend time in prison. Is Michael Vick truly sorry for anything else, for the horror he\'s been a part of? More importantly, does he have the ABILITY to feel that kind of remorse? Or is he just very sorry his world has come crashing down?? I guess only Vick knows, I\'m skeptical, very, and it makes ME sorry to say that.
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Hey - it's all about MONEY MONEY MONEY and Sports. Vick had more opportunity than some kids to do the right thing - he chose not to - he got caught - I don't think he would be turning to GOD if he had not got caught. He'll spend little time behind bars and he'll get his job back with the Falcons and go on his merry way making millions and never giving back to society or helping anyone. STIFFER PENALITIES - for animal abuse and child abue and maybe they will start listening. In some states you get more for time having "GRASS" than child and animal abuse. If I'm not mistaken I think it is mandatory life in Mass. for getting caught with grass. I could have the state wrong so don't hold me to it.
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Michael Vicks sucks. Period. I can't wait until karma gets him....what goes around comes around...as you sow, so shall you reap... We ALL agree - little mamma uncle odinn maxwell zoe lucy mae skitzee sparky Mom and Dad
  • Kate McCormickKate McCormick ColumbusMember Posts: 232
    edited 28 August, 2007
    That idiot is only apologizing because he was caught. Do you think he would have willingly stopped what he was doing, and apologized to all pet owners, on his own? No. He was busted, and is now simply worried that he won't be able to make millions of dollars playing football. What a horrible, selfish person. His apology does nothing for Mommy.
    edited 28 August, 2007
    If one believes in the findings of psychology, it is psychopaths that abuse animals and psychopaths (or sociopaths) can do this because they do not have the capacity to feel empathy for the suffering of others. So is Vick really sorry for what he did, and does he have the potential for change? How do you instill empathy in others?? :? How do you \"get\" empathy and therefore change?
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 28 August, 2007
    NO WAY WILL THIS CHANGE THE WAY WE FEEL ABOUT MICHAEL VICK!!!! And when he said he had "found Jesus"....my meowmy hollered at the TV "I did not know Jesus was lost!!"....It just burns us up that whenever someone commits a crime they "find Jesus".....and that means they should not be held accountable for their crimes. We agree with another poster who said the penalty for child abuse and animal abuse should be stiffer. Just today on AOL was a news item about a "creature" (we do not consider them human) who had abused, 1) his daughter 2) his niece 3) a boy (not a relative). He was arrested when he shot and killed his brother-in-law, but apparently had never been proscecuted for any of the child abuse. There were three videos posted on the web also, showing pit bulls who had been used in fighting (this was the Humane Society website), asking people to vote to support stronger legislation to ban dogfighting. Meowmy tried to watch one, and actually got physically ill (but she did vote). We can only hope and pray that this man gets his comeuppance (and he will one day when he REALLY "finds Jesus". Emma, Louis and Benny Grunch
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Amen!!!! Everyone -
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 28 August, 2007
    No Way. He didn't even admit to doing the killing in his carefully worded plea. How can be be sorry if he can't even admit all the horrible stuff he has done. Actions speak louder than words anyday anyway. Go to jail, serve your time, pay your fine and then try to find a way to make right what you did wrong Michael Vick!!!!
    edited 28 August, 2007
    I have no clue why I am taking this so hard but dang it that is one man I wanted to see rot and pay for what he has done. And once again becasue they have money they walk and walk with a slap on the hand. I do personally believe in God and I was telling my friend today that my anger towards this man was so real that I cannot find room in my heart to forgive what he has done. No he did not kill a human and that seems to be what folks keep saying it was not a human. Well to me it may as well of been in my eyes. These dogs poor dogs did not have a chance none. And that sorry person has the nerve to get up there and tell a bold face lie. A real person that ask God to forgive them comes clean about everything in there lifes. You actually can feel the vibe when they ask for forgiveness if it is real. They take the blame for there actions and they confess with there mouth and show that they are worthly. Jeffery Dahmer asked for forgivenss and I do believe that he did give his life to God. But this guy there is no way. And as I said to Jamie today that he will pay for what he has done we may never see it or know it but he will pay for what he had done. As someone said on here there was a deep deep hole there that went right though him as he spook. He only did it because the Judge told him he needed to do something because he was not going to win this one. Now if that is not leading a defendent on I do not know what is. We can sit here and blame others I know but I am fully aware it was Sicko Vicko who made that choice to do what he did. And may he rot and not ever have a good nights rest or any peace in his lfe. It does not matter where ever he goes he will be reminded of his actions of what he has done. And if he does not get the max I do not see where they are any better. None of them. I do not think him working with animals would be good for me. I know I would not want him around mine. He is just not a good guy and he cannot make me think any different. I am thinking that all he could do was not wait to get out of there to get to another dog fight with him and his homies. Just telling them how not to get cought. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....gosh does this make me so mad just so mad......I am not sure that I have ever disliked someone in my life as much as I dislike this guy if you can even call him that. Well I can babble forever on this fool and how I feel. But I will stop here and let someone else have a shot at it.. Sorry guys for this just is not right...
  • Monique ReeceMonique Reece CoronaMember Posts: 775
    edited 28 August, 2007
    Will his apology change how i feel? H:-#ll no! I agree with Diego(i think it was you, Diego), who noticed that he never came out and actually admitted what he did! My mama was yelling at the clip, "Admit it! Admit what you did! Say it out loud!!" Until he can say what he did out loud, then there is no forgiveness for him from our family. We want him to say out loud what he did, and we want him to hear how horrible it is and have it bring tears to his eyes, just like it brings tears to our eyes. Then, and only then, will we consider forgiveness. Oh, and he should have to give so much money to HSUS, ASCPA, and Best Friends. Like hundreds of thousands of dollars.
  • Gary SturgesGary Sturges TorontoMember Posts: 80
    edited 29 August, 2007
    In a word ......... NO !!! His so called apology sounded phony at the very least . I'm sure the only reason behind it , was his lawyers idea , that this somehow might make people and probably the judge feel less anger towards him . His claims of accepting responsibility don't ring true , as just weeks earlier , he placed blame on others , not himself . Also his claim that he has found Jesus ( was Jesus lost ?? ) and that he's turned his life over to God , sound bogus . To me , he's a spoiled brat ( at the age of 27 ) , with too much money and no empathy for the life of man's best friend , the dogs . He deserves every minute of jail time he gets and then maybe he'll have lots of time to think about how wrong his life is .
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 29 August, 2007
    I haven't actually seen him admit that what he did was 'wrong'. His words were that he'd been 'immature'! Erm 'IMMATURE'???!!!...wrong word, bunghole! He was smirking too. There's no remorse in him.
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 29 August, 2007
    Public apologies are BS plain and simple this goes for everyone not just this guy, the only apologize after they are caught and plead their innocence. Then when they are shoved in a corner with no way out they apologize, how stupid do they think we are?
  • Kymry KistnerKymry Kistner Topeka KSMember Posts: 9
    edited 29 August, 2007
    We are not Falcon fans in this house anyway - and to have one of them making dogs fight each other for whatever reason they claim to have is just appalling. I know dogs and cats are not supposed to get along, and I admit that my brothers and I sometimes hang with the male kitty downstairs and tease one of the neighborhood dogs, but we are only playing. Mom says the dogs in those dogfights do a lot more damage to each other than we ever could. She also thinks Vicks' dogs should go to some guy called Cesar Milan - I've heard Mom call him the Dog Whisperer - if anyone can make them adoptable, from what we've seen of his show - he can. Russell
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 30 August, 2007
    I believe he should be set free and allowed to play football. And if he loses a game he should be drowned or beaten to death. Just like the dogs were. ~Jet Giotto~
    edited 30 August, 2007
    It's great what you all have said and I still feel the same he is scum and he does not deserve to play anything and if he has not growin up already he has not intent to do so. And I am thinking that the only reason he did speek was because the judge said to him he was not going to win this one and he was so right. But why did he lead sicko vicko on to even come up with doing something so stupid it made him look real bad and I mean real bad. I do not know what was worse for me him getting up there with his dumb a:-$s speeking and saying what he did or the actual dogfighting it was all stupid. He thinks he got off and that is what they are going to do to him "NOTHING" not one dang thing so what if he does 1 year or 18 mo he has gotton away with murder and laughing about it. I know he is and it would not surprise me if he was at a dogfighting get toghter as I write this. To me they are saying its ok to kill animals and fight them since this is what you were brought up to do. GO ahead we don't care. Well now he is suppose to SNITCH on folks and maybe just maybe he will tell on the wrong one and will suffer dearly as he did to them dogs. I don't care if I never see him again. What is this world coming to?? I would pay to see him getting his butt tore up as them dogs did. ;c;
  • Lisa BLisa B Western WashingtonMember Posts: 129
    edited 30 August, 2007
    Mom listens to a radio show in the mornings on her way to work and two days ago they were talking about Vick's public apology and they were saying that kids do "immature" things which are things like writing on the wall, not dog fighting. They also said that Vick should not have used to word immature or that he has to "grow up" from this because he is a grown man and it isn't reflecting well in kids' eyes. We are all very upset that he was even hosting these events. Pit bulls should have a right to live non-violent lives. -Kale and Xavier
  • joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    edited 30 August, 2007
    It was not an apology, it was a statement for the press. I believe he is a bad person, will continue to be a bad person and deserves whatever bad things will happen to him in his life. He is not good enough to pick up dog poop in my opinion.
    edited 30 August, 2007
    As I asked people on dogsters let me ask you all here as well.. I would love to stick an electorical cord in his rear end......see if he likes it anyone with me on this one???????????? Just the thought pleases me to say the least... May he rot in Hdouble tooth picks...
  • lisa slisa s Pacific North WestMember Posts: 483
    edited 31 August, 2007
    No! We are still fuming about it in our household! Don\'t even get my mom started on her rant... I think Jet (page 2) has the right idea! :))
  • J- Lauroesch & FamilyJ- Lauroesch & Family LouisvilleMember Posts: 1
    edited 31 August, 2007
    My family thinks his apology is just trying to save his $$$ and not his soul, if he had a soul he would have not been involved with this from the beginning. He is just saying these things now to save his $$$ and nothing else, in his heart I am sure he feels he did nothing wrong. Anyone who thinks that Vick or anyone like him really is telling the truth about \"finding God\" is just deluding themselves. I may be 7 weeks old but even I wasn\'t born yesterday.
  • edited 31 August, 2007
    My mom is very angry about the whole Michael Vick thing. She's a huge NFL fan and was terribly upset that the NFL didn't step up to suspend him until he pleaded guilty. That said, some radio guys were talking about Vick potentially playing again when all of this is over. They felt it was highly unlikely that any team would be willing to sign him, let him play a year to get the rust off, and then attempt to go to the Superbowl...with Michael Vick, dog murderer. We're really hoping this is the case; Michael Vick hardly deserves the privilege of a high paying, role model career. We wouldn't let that man collect our garbage let alone provide a nanosecond of entertainment for us. However, the NFL is about money and all we can do is let them know that we feel Michael Vick is no longer acceptable as a player. If he is allowed back...we'll no longer in any way support the NFL.
  • edited 1 September, 2007
    :q No. I think that even though he did not participate in the fighting he collected the money so in my eyes he still participated in the fighting and my point of view he should be given the stiffest penalty available and should never be able to own any form of animal whatso ever
  • Dayna MatthewsDayna Matthews LondonMember Posts: 277
    edited 1 September, 2007
    I've heard this on the news but I haven't seen the public apology nor do I care to see his public "apology" anyways. He's only doing it to make himself look good, to keep his fans happy and go back to playing for his team. Thats it and thats all... he got caught, he's trying to redeem himself for the public and thats it. I'm sick of these people using "god" after they have been arrested. Yeah, ok, whatever... he'd still be running dog fights if he wasn't caught. Simple as that.
    edited 1 September, 2007
    A guy friend of meowmy's said that they announced during a football game on tv that the authorities were looking at 3 more football players for participation in dogfighting. Has anyone heard this? :?
  • Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
    edited 2 September, 2007
    I agree that it wasn't a true apology, that was a public relations speech written by a public relations person...not the athlete himself. He is a bad person whether he apologized or not. And Heck No my opinion of him will not change. He should never be allowed to own a dog ever again! Even if he wanted a house pet, he doesn't deserve the friendship and love from an animal!
  • Misty ChristoMisty Christo OmahaMember Posts: 806
    edited 3 September, 2007
    A simple apology and a statement of finding Jesus is not enough. It hardly even qualifies as a start. He wouldn't be sorry if he hadn't been caught. If he campaigns against dog fighting (and I mean public service announcements and appearances; and even setting up awareness events and mentoring programs in the socio-economic areas wherein dog fighting is most prevalent) then I'll not only believe he's truly sorry, but then I'll forgive him. Kind of. However, one public statement in an effort to save his own butt is insufficient and pretty much an insult to our nation's intelligence.