Why did you get the cat you got?

124»

Comments

• Amy BAmy B KershawMember Posts: 3,254
    edited 21 November, 2007
    In 1998, Mama was finally living on her own and had a good job and wanted a pet. She loves dogs too, but with her work hours and such, the walking would have been too much (the yard wasn\'t fenced and she\'d lost a dog to a hit and run before). She called the local shelter (a kill one) and asked if they had any cats. The dumb guy told her \"We\'ve got a few, but none of them are friendly.\" Well, mama wanted to go anyway. The first one she picked up was a huge off-white furball who curled right up in her arms. But mama\'s uniform pants are a really dark blue... she\'d have had to invest in sticky paper *MOL* I was the second one she picked up. I dug my claws into the back of her shoulder, pushed my head against her neck and started purring. I was home less than an hour later! As it turns out, I was around 8 years old when mama got me even though they said I was 2. I\'m a kitty sponge for attention when ANYONE comes in the house! Not friendly... ~hissss~
    edited 21 November, 2007
    In early 2000, mama started looking for a black cat. She had one cat but Taillee had taken more to her boyfriend at the time. She had been checking the shelter with no luck. One day she just happend to be driving by and stopped in. Well, there I sat, mostly black, front declawed, spayed and looking for a home. My first family had passed away and no family members could take me in. She brought me right home... and I never did like that boyfriend... ~meow~ I am mama's heart and her familiar when she finds time to practice. I'm the bottom of the totem pole in the group too but mama makes up for it with a little extra loving!
    edited 21 November, 2007
    How mama got me... in late 2000, an old friend of the family had to take care of her sick husband and needed to find homes for her animals. Of course, mama went to see what she had. I charmed her more than by brother and she fell in love with me. I was the fat lazy house cat mama always wanted. She always said she'd make a rug out of me when I died because I was always under her feet anyway, but she didn't. I'm at her mama's with a really pretty marker with the Stairway To Heaven poem on it.
    edited 21 November, 2007
    Mama was at work one night in September 2001 when a co-worker said he heard a cat meowing in one of the offices. He found me in a room with a box of dirt and a plate of chicken... an inmate was trying to keep me as a pet. Her co-worker took me to the main control room where mama worked and she kept me in there with her all night letting me jump around on the counters and panels and stuff. Another lady was going to take me, but when mama found out I would have been an outdoor cat, she decided she'd found her all-black kitty! But I did not go quietly. I didn't like the box she put me in and while trying to keep it shut for the ride home (less than 10 minutes) I clawed her pretty bad. But she kept me cuz I was too adorable! I was only about 6 months old... ~purrs~ I took right to my big sister Tigger, she was like another mama. Every couple months when I'd get all yowly and squirmy, she'd tackle me and wrestle with me and make me feel better. After she went to the bridge, mama took me for my surgery. Those sleek 6 pounds of fur are a long lost memory!! I'm now the owner of the "fat cat" nickname in this house... ^~~^
    edited 21 November, 2007
    My over-long adoption story... Mama lost Tigger October 2, 2005. She really wanted a tortie kitten but wasn\'t sure when she\'d feel ready for one. It was sooner than she expected. Mid-October she started looking through adoption sites and found me. I already had the name she wanted to give her new kitty and, even though I wasn\'t a kitten, she fell in love with my beautiful face and fur. One side of my face is orange and the other is black, divided right down the middle... and my front paws are the opposite colours. I\'d been at the shelter almost a year already... it was hard to get cats adopted out. Mama\'s step-father drove her four hours to get me, up in the mountains. She told him to find another way back or her and the cat were staying! MOL When she got to the shelter and met me, she thought she might have made a mistake. I clawed on one of the chairs in the front office and when she picked me up, I growled at her. She was determined though. It took about an hour to get all my paperwork done and get my aids and leukemia tests done and we were on our way to the end of a nine hour round trip. (The other human took the interstate back ^~~^) I have become the princess of the house and queen of the castle (though Zilla might say different...). I still growl a little when mama holds me and I demolished the front of her recliner with my lovely claws, but I\'m a lap cat extrordinaire so she loves me to pieces! I get love for me and the love she still had to give to Tigger.