To HQ - Old Furts Day -

Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
edited 4 September, 2007 in Plus Friendly
Mom has has a LOT of special kittys in her life - and she never had one live to over 14. They had hyperthyroid, kidney failure, stomach cancer, all kinds of things. Jesse James has had a few problems and several times in the past 3 years Mom thought she would lose him. Especially when he had the tumors removed in the spring. Me?? I've always been a tough little cat - and I just go in for shots. I am a brat and I make her nuts - she says I will live to 25 just to be able to keep making her nuts. What Mom has realised since joining Old Furts is - how lucky she is. Every day with an Old Furt is a gift from God. Each time one of the Old Furts gets sick or crosses the Bridge, it breaks her heart. She knows how hard and sad it is for their humans - because it's happened too many times to her. So Mom thinks that we should have a special celebration of Old Furts on Catster. We should request an Old Furts day - and celebrate our old age together. We could even have a King and Queen Old Furt for the day. What do you all think? HQ it would be soo cool if we could do something like this! We have so many Senior Kittys on Catster and it would be a celebration of their lives. Purrs Maximus ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 30 August, 2007
    We may not have any Old Furts in our house, but we think this is a great idea!
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 30 August, 2007
    I like the idea too!! Human says we may not be Old, but everyones got a little Furt in them. :))
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 30 August, 2007
    I agree! I want an Olde Furts day too. ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Catster, please, can we have a special day dedicated to celebrating Olde Furts like us?! ;c;;c;;c; %:D%%:D% ;c;;c;;c;
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    edited 31 August, 2007
    I\'m all for it...I lived to be 23.5! Only my Mom celebrated ME, but now a lot of kitties know who I was. Let\'s get an olde furt DAY!!!
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    edited 31 August, 2007
    YEAH! Olde furt day would be pawsome! I\'ll be there, and so will Boomie. Oops! :r She already said she\'d be there! Headquarters, please give us olde furt day!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Yay!!! We love the idea of Old Furts Day! =;
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Ooooooooooh!! That's a fabulous idea. All kitties are special, but just ask any mom or dad about their Olde Furt kitty to get some idea how special they become in their "golden years." We just get better and better! It would be an honor if we could be honored. :) And not just the Olde Furts group, we mean ALL older kitties should be honored. There are many groups for older kitties -- even a 20/20 group for cats over 20. I want to get in that group, as soon as I'm old enough! Just say "yes," HQ.
  • Carli CronjeCarli Cronje PretoriaMember Posts: 4,447
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Oh Max!! You said it!!!! Us senior catizens are special....and it is so heartbreaking when one of us crosses the bridge...and with me turning 15 in September meowmy knows that each day with me is special too. I agree!!! A special day to celecrate the older kitties woud be pawsome!!! |^|
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    We agree with every-cat else. A special day for us "Olde Furts" would be really wonderful. I think that we all deserve our own day.
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Us olduns are very special, so a day just for us would be great. Please think about it HQ. There are an awful lot of seniors on Catster that would appreciate their very own day.
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Hey HQ Please honor these very special kitties. I am lucky to be a part of their group as their mascot ( I am only 4) So I know how wonderful they are. Love, Wally
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 31 August, 2007
    =D> This old furt says YES=;:^:
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Meows HQ - We old kittys would soo appreciate a special day - It could be Senior Cats Day, Old Furts Day - but a celebration of our lives would be pawsome! :))
  • Kate McCormickKate McCormick ColumbusMember Posts: 232
    edited 31 August, 2007
    I'm all for an Old Furts Day! Not only would it be a celebration of our lives, but a celebration for all of the Mommy's and Daddy's that helped us to get to our ripe, old ages! Yeah for Old Furts Day!=;
  • Renee WatsonRenee Watson Member Posts: 563 ✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Max, my fellow boa-wearink-Olde-Furt-friend, dis ez VONDERFUL idea!! =D> Isaac tink us old guys und gals....und guy who act like gals...are oh so very special to our staff members. Ve Old Furts all know how many tings we been trough wit our staff...lots of us been wit dem longer dan dere spouses/significant others! Den, ve Olde Furts important to vone another too, for support, advice, und love trough de tings dat are unique to de geriatric crowd. Ve cannot possibly know all of de kitties on Catster dat could join us in de varous groups for oldsters...if ve have special Olde Furt Day, den ve find new furty friends!! Can ju help us do dat HQ? Kee-sees to all! XXXXX Isaac aka, \"Creaky-Zeekie\"
  • julie wallinjulie wallin knoxvilleMember Posts: 24,063 ✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Yes, Olde Furts rock, and we need out own day..:^:
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Great idea! You can count on this old furt!=;
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Old Furts day is a great idea guys, but why wait for HQ to give you a day? Make your own day, pick a day, create a graphic, share it and plan special events for the day. The best events on Catster don't come from HQ, they are made by the kitties here!!!! Pronounce a day yours and go for it!!!!
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Oooh, you little rebels!
    edited 31 August, 2007
    Well, lookee there! It\'s the ORIGINAL OLDE FURT herself! Baby! :h: What do you think, Baby? Should HQ have a special day to honor Old Furts?
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 1 September, 2007
    I think I'm an old furt too. I'm in the double digits, and I'm a teenager! :-O *screams* Although, I still look kinda kittenish :)) I act kinda kittenish too!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 1 September, 2007
    Hmmm. The younger fiends are not consistent in holding me in the high esteem an older cat deserves, so this might be a useful idea. However, I prefer "Dowager;" Olde Furt is so unladylike. Carry on, furts!
  • Sharon LambertSharon Lambert StrathamMember Posts: 1,199
    edited 1 September, 2007
    Maybe a SENIORS Day instead of an Olde Furts day, since Olde Furts is a group. Of course I\'m an Olde Furt myself, and I love all my OF friends, but as Scootie meowed, there are many other groups out there for older kitties. By the way, EVERYday in my house is Olde Furts Day! I make sure of that! ;c;
    edited 1 September, 2007
    Yeah, Seniors Day! With an Early Bird special: discounts on Zealies! :))! Selket, are you saying Baby isn\'t ... ahem ... ladylike? Ooooooh, watch out! ;)
    edited 1 September, 2007
    oh, my! Scooter, I think Baby uses olde furt only when she is Shakespeare's sister... ...but her brother calls me a "hen." Hmmmph. A grudge joust between two dowagers in palanquins could prove interesting.
    edited 1 September, 2007
    MOL, Selket. But those wooden wheels will make a racket and scare the horses.
    edited 1 September, 2007
    Baby, dear! Horses? Oh, my...I thought my reclusive and recalcitrant fiend brothers would carry us into battle...
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 1 September, 2007
    Yes, a "Senior Day" would be a great idea! Perhaps catster could also have special days to honor special needs/handicapped kitties, kittens, and adopted/rescued cats.
    edited 1 September, 2007
    And a Gay Pride Day!:-O
  • edited 1 September, 2007
    Coco, you are a furt fersure but not an olde one...go make your own thread. *runs back into closet*