Anyone thinking about Halloween yet?

2»

Comments

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 16 September, 2009
    I love your costume too Ruben! Mom posted a picture of me in my devil costume on my page today if any cat wants to see.
  • yoshidaeriyoshidaeri Member Posts: 35
    Mama is making me and my sister Halloween costumes based off of our nicknames. I'm getting a banana costume because I'm constantly being called "Ariana in a banana" and my little sister Alexis is getting a car costume since she is sometimes called "Alexis in a Lexus".
  • Stephanie LitosStephanie Litos Member Posts: 210
    Diego and Rocky Ann, thanks so much for the Build-A-Bear suggestion. (This is Emma's mom. Emma won't thank you for that suggestion at all, because she's not big on dress up.) I think I'm going to buy the pumpkin costume and see whether Emma will tolerate it. The problem is that when I put things on Emma's back or around her stomach she just kind of flops over, as if she hopes whatever is on her will miraculously fall off. But it is so cute that I think it is worth a try!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    Emma, I kind of go limp too. Mom actually learned more about this in a t-touch massage class for cats. They told her that it calms them down to be wrapped up. I don't know if I believe that or not but they did take one of the shelter kitties and wrap her (not too tight) in an ace bandage and she calmed down and purrred. Anyway, they said it was the same thing when we put a shirt on them. Who knows. Just try to get her to flop in the right direction so you can at least get a shot of her in the cute costume. Mine shipped a couple of days ago. Woo Hoo!
    That's very interesting Diego. Emma does definitely respond to what we call the "mommy grab," when she is sitting and we grab her scruff, and she totally goes limp. We do that sometimes to make brushing her easy. You should have seen her when I tried a harness and leash. As soon as the harness was on she "forgot" how to walk. Went low to the ground and then started slinking around backward before eventually flopping over. I'm going to buy the pumpkin tomorrow if the local Build-A-Bear has it. If it works out I will post a photo, of course.
  • Jenny FirthJenny Firth ChicoMember Posts: 772
    Ooooh! I have soo many cool costumes on my page! Check it out!
  • Audrey McAnarneyAudrey McAnarney Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 1,982
    Mom is going to dress me as an OSU football player again. :))
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    I LOVE HALLOWEEN! As you can see I am a pirate! Like Diego, I got mine at Build a Bear...only problem with that is- I am growing really fast! It barely fit! Their clothes used to fit me perfectly! Mommy has also bought knock off Build a Bear clothes on ebay (very cheap and nice). We saw dog/cat costumes at the craft store AC Moore yesterday for $4.99! I also can wear baby clothes (3months) BUT that tends to get boring. Build a Bear is sooo much more fun! I have an idea for Halloween! Who wants to have a parade??? We could have a parade thread and all march in our costumes, have a few bands, floats, you name it! I'm so excited already! I want to start creating some really cool links and stuff!! ;c; Have fun dressing up everykitty!! xoxo Ollie
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    Hiya everycat :-h Mom got me a WIG today in Target! They had an entire range of cat and dog hats!!!! I got orange pig tails! You can see a silly pic of it on my page! They also had chicken heads, giraffe heads, owls, frankenstien, and something else I am forgetting! They had so many! They were $4.99 each. They had a ton of costumes too for about $10.
  • Ima KittenIma Kitten Nacogdoches, TXMember Posts: 164
    Oliver ! What a great idea for us to tag this thread with what we all end up wearing for the spooky occassion!=D> Just what could we do to distinguish this forum\'s parade from contests for Halloween? Who knows, maybe I\'ll pitch in a prize in the end & I encourage anyone else who wants to contribute to send me a message too! %:D% How about: Fashion Forums Halloween Parade 07 Kind of long but a good copy/paste will do the trick! I hope all the kitty\'s who posted at the beginning of this thread will join in! |:|
  • Nancy GraceNancy Grace near Ft. WorthMember Posts: 104
    Mom takes the girls to the Halloween Party at the college tennis courts every year. Katy will be a ghost and Michaela probably a dinosaur again. Since I'm orange and white, mom was thinking of putting a green stem on my head and calling me a pumpkin. I'd rather eat the stem than wear it. My cat bag is also orange. The other issue is if I can get in to the college party without getting kicked out. They moved it to the baseball field and it is sponsored by the police and fire departments. Mom may just take me to PetSmart to show off my costume.
  • Ima KittenIma Kitten Nacogdoches, TXMember Posts: 164
    That is SO cool that there is a safe places for pets to go on the spooky holiday! :D There are plenty of tennis courts in this area...I wonder why nobody has thought of that yet! :-O
  • MICHELLE HOOKSMICHELLE HOOKS TANGERINEMember Posts: 274
    I'll spend Halloween seeing who is at the door because obviously they are here to see ME, right?! I am afraid that mommy might try to put a costume on me.....maybe if I keep growing she'll give on that idea.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Mom just ordered my costume from Build a Bear tonight. Thanks for the suggestion Diego! Mom can't wait to try it on me and take some pictures, hopefully it will fit okay.
    All of the costumes here look so great! I thought I would check in since I took Diego and Rocky Ann's suggestion of going to Build-A-Bear. I'm a pumpkin!
  • Sarah ThompsonSarah Thompson Blanchard OklahomaMember Posts: 23
    I am going to be myself...A gangsta or I might dress up as a angel..but I dont know yet. Calvin my brother is going to be pikachu from pokemon he likes pika and Marshal my other brother is going to be a vampire.:):D;)
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    we dressed up as pirates (mom was peter pan, dog sister tinkerbelle) and we won best non-dog costume. mom made us pirate hats that had wigs of long hair and she bought some teddy bear sweaters that had skull and vross bones on them. it was awesome!
2»