Clumping litter - sodium bentonite

2»

Comments

• Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    edited 8 November, 2007
    PS) Here is a database of household items-including pet care http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/products.htm
  • Pamela MathyPamela Mathy Member Posts: 25
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Hi, I tried the pine pellets first and liked them ok but they didn' t clump. Now I'm using The World's Best Litter (made of Corn) and love it. It clumps very well and is easy to scoop. Since mom and I live in a second floor condo, she also likes that it is flushable. She keeps my litter box in the bathtub of the second bathroom. It is easy for her to scoop out my messes and flush them away. I think it is a bit more pricy than some litters, but well worth it. Anyway...that's my two "meows" worth. |^|
  • Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Hi, My mommy called the Arm and Hammer company about the High Performance cat litter to find out what it is made of since the package doesn't say. Turns out that it is corn cob. It clumps great and the only negatives are that it has a strong smell (which I don't mind) and it tracks a little (which one doesn't?) It has no dust at all, though, and hides odor well so I think we're sticking with it.
  • Jill BrunoJill Bruno Member Posts: 289
    edited 8 November, 2007
    My mom uses all natural litter called Swheat scoop. She has also used cat's best in the past. Clay dust is not all that great for us so she errs on the side of safety Hanny =^..^=
  • Marina JonesMarina Jones FerndaleMember Posts: 13
    edited 16 December, 2007
    We use A&H litter and I am concerned about the dust problem (Murphs head smells like he\'s been playing in a very dusty place, figured out it\'s the litter). I switched to Sweat Scoop and Murphy refused to use it. I am using a mix of SS and A&H and he refuses to dig a hole. He gets in goes and does not cover anything up including poo. And that is stinky!! since we switched to a new food. I am really in a dilemma. I want to change litters but the cat says no. Now what? :?
  • Monique ReeceMonique Reece CoronaMember Posts: 775
    edited 16 December, 2007
    I\'m having the same problem, Murphy. I used to be a real good litterbox kitty. Now that we\'ve switched to Feline Pine clumping, i no longer cover. It doesn\'t bother my mama so much because my brother Hunter poops in the tub, so she\'s used to cleaning up after us. But if she can get a litter that we both like and use for both Number 1 and Number 2, that would be better. There are more natural products out there that we\'re gonna try: Nature\'s Miracle, Swheat Scoop, and World\'s Best. So, since you don\'t seem to like the Swheat Scoop, you should try some of the other natural brands. The Feline Pine clumping is really not that bad. It doesn\'t eliminate odor like AH or Fresh Scent, But if you also use Nature\'s Miracle deodorizer or AH Litter Deodorizer, that helps a lot with the smell.
  • KIM JOHNSONKIM JOHNSON NUTLEYMember Posts: 387
    edited 17 December, 2007
    When we used the World's Best Cat Litter made from the wheat, we ate it instead of peeing in it!:-O
  • Marina JonesMarina Jones FerndaleMember Posts: 13
    edited 23 December, 2007
    My mommy's going to try the High Performance A&H litter. I remain dubious myself. Happy Holidays everyone and remember, don't touch my feet! ^..
2»