HairBalls

Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
edited 27 September, 2007 in Cat Health
This is kind of a funny question, but I have noticed that in the year and a half that I have had Rasha and the few months I have had Cheetah, I have never even seen a hairball? They just don't have them. Is that possible? I have heard of some cats having them every week, is it a sign of good health or bad? :^:

Comments

• April PlourdeApril Plourde Member Posts: 248
    edited 25 September, 2007
    I believe they're less common in short-haired breeds. Diet and regular brushing can also help eliminate the problem.
  • Kerstin KaufmannKerstin Kaufmann Member Posts: 9,254
    edited 26 September, 2007
    It\'s nothing to worry about. On the contrary you and your human/s are lucky ones. We are, too. I vomit hairballs very rarely, once perhaps twice the year and usually during fur-exchange in autumn or spring. Additional to catgrass which is supposed to help the hairballs out the way they came I get malt paste which helps the hair out another way ;)
  • Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 26 September, 2007
    Malt paste? where ? I love Malt paste! Jewel gets more hairballs than me because she loves to groom me but when mom tries to give her the paste I always try to steal it. Mom usually puts it on a spoon and lets Jewel lick it off, but I usually knock Jewel over so I can get some. Mom usually ends up giving me my own spoon with just A little on it.
  • Kerstin KaufmannKerstin Kaufmann Member Posts: 9,254
    edited 27 September, 2007
    Hi Harley, just a very little off-topic... Well: try to stress the preventional anti-hairball-character of malt paste! Perhaps by shedding some hair on your humans favorite place... [I tell you - it works %:D% ]