ATTN: Swheat Scoop Users

April PlourdeApril Plourde Member Posts: 248
edited 29 October, 2007 in Cat Health
How frequently do you change the litter? I'm an only cat... so Mommy scoops twice a day, and empties the box every two weeks. The 14 lb. bag lasts about a month. This seems to work for us, but I was wondering how others maintained their Swheats.

Comments

• Megan GarciaMegan Garcia HoustonMember Posts: 13
    edited 27 September, 2007
    we use Sweat Scoop... our mom cleans the box twice a day. I am a boy kitten and my peepee is stinky. i dont spray yet... thank god. but our mom buys the litter that comes out of the box not a bag. mom uses about one whole box in about 3 weeks cause we are a 2 kitten hosehold. love, lucky & 7~
  • Moxie PopMoxie Pop Los AngelesMember Posts: 130
    edited 24 October, 2007
    We are a 2-cat household and we use one 14lb. bag of Swheat Scoop a week mixed with a tiny layer of Tidy Cat (clumping, multi-cat, long-lasting odor control). We used to use Tidy Cat before Swheat Scoop came along so during the transition period I would mix the two. The Tidy Cat seemed to help with clumping and odor control so I continued to use a small layer of it on the bottom of the litterboxes. We scoop once a day, sometimes more.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 24 October, 2007
    Ours probably lasts about three weeks with two cats. I scoop twice a day. Do you find that it sticks to the sides and bottom of the pan worse than other litters? I like the litter because it is safe for the kitties, has no smell, no dust and can be safely flushed without harm to the environment. But it is really hard to get off the sides and bottom and sometimes, the clumps are still quite wet on the sides and bottom. Just wondering if there is a trick I don't know as a relatively new user.
    edited 26 October, 2007
    I transitioned to the new litter by mixing the Swheat Scoop in with the old Tidy Cat in increasing proportions. I still use a tiny bit (about 1/8 inch) of Tidy Cat at the bottom and pour the Swheat Scoop on top for a total of approximately 3 inches. I make sure to maintain the 3 inches by topping off with Swheat Scoop as necessary. I\'m not sure if it\'s the Tidy Cat on the bottom or simply maintaining the 3 inch depth or both but I don\'t have problems with wet litter sticking to the bottom or sides.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 26 October, 2007
    Thanks Moxie. Maybe it's the Tidy Cat barrier. We have at least three inches (usually more), as we both love to dig. We still love it, though.
    edited 29 October, 2007
    Ahh... I think I\'m not having the sticky problem because my kitties don\'t dig much when they use the litter box. It seems like the clumps are towards the top and scoop out easily. Only a couple of times have I ever had to scrap off the bottom.
  • Sarah WinkleSarah Winkle WoburnMember Posts: 19
    edited 29 October, 2007
    mum scoops daily in our three cat household. we\'re all girls, so our pee isn\'t bad. but our poop is quite stinky. she changes the boxes out about every two weeks. she uses tidy cats, and two whole containers do our three boxes, and there\'s another container for in between changes. she must love us to keep so much cat litter around.|^|