being sick

kirsty pengellykirsty pengelly LondonMember Posts: 852
edited 28 September, 2007 in Cat Health
my cat is sick a few of times a week normally looks like it has not been chewed. i've played about with her food but it makes no difference. why does this happen any advice or surgestions?

Comments

• Denise GraysonDenise Grayson BothellMember Posts: 2,468
    edited 28 September, 2007
    Is this something that suddenly happened? If so you may want to have a vet check her out. It may be that she is just eating too fast. If that is the case try putting something in the bowl with the food if it is dry like a ball. Then she would have to slow down to eat around it.
  • Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    In my experience with dog and cat \"puke\" :D it is always unchewed. They really don\'t chew kibble because their teeth aren\'t designed to, most of it just goes right down. She could be eating too fast, or some cats have an extremely sensitive stomach. A trip to the vet may do you good. What kind of food are you feeding? :^:
  • kirsty pengellykirsty pengelly LondonMember Posts: 852
    she's on nutrience holisic
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    I would check with your vet. Abbie used to throw up all the time. I blamed it on her fur balls and the fact that she ate her food so quickly. But it developed into Inflammatory Bowel Disease and later into Intestinal Lymphoma. The sooner you can figure out any tummy sensitivities, allergies or issues, the better you can prevent something as serious. When trying different foods, you need to be sure to change them slowly, only gradually adding the new food in. A sudden change, even to a food that might work in the long run, can cause tummy upset.