I\\\'m in trouble now!

stephanie sherrillstephanie sherrill Member Posts: 23
edited 28 September, 2007 in Cat Health
I don\'t know why, but I peed on my human sisters bag last night:-/. Mommy was getting ready for bed and found it on the floor in the kitchen. She was really upset with me. Now sissy doesn\'t have a bookbag for school until mommy washes it. I don\'t know why I did it, but I would like to get some suggestions for mommy. Please help! P.S. Nothing has changed at home...food or litter. I am still fighting with the other cats though. Mommy doesn\'t think it will ever end :(. Mommy is getting Feliway this weekend, she had to wait for payday! I hope mommy is not at the end of her rope with me, I love her so much.

Comments

• Denise GraysonDenise Grayson BothellMember Posts: 2,468
    edited 28 September, 2007
    could you in some way be upset with the human that belongs to the bookbag. Mom use to have a kitty that was actually dads that would pee on all of her clothes if they were in the laundry room or the clean hamper. Mom thinks it was because she was jealous that mom was getting dads attention.
  • stephanie sherrillstephanie sherrill Member Posts: 23
    She did yell at me because I knocked mommy's food all over the floor trying to get away from the other cats! This is actually the second time I have done this. Last time was about a month ago and I peed on mommy's clothes in the closet, boy, was she mad then too:r
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    Max, have you seen your vet? I know, I know, no kitty wants to go, but you really need to rule out infection. Sometimes, even if you have an infection you will use the litter box and only go outside it occasionally. Your vet should do a full urine culture just to make sure you aren\'t sick. Otherwise, since you run from the other kitties, could your litter box have been blocked? Have they ever startled you or trapped you while you were doing your business? If so, no wonder you pee other places! We have to feel safe in order to do our business, and if there isn\'t a good escape route from the box, then we sometimes won\'t go there. Make sure you tell your mom to have a box for each of you and to keep them clean. Some of us refuse to use a box that is soiled, but that doesn\'t sound like your problem. I just thought I\'d mention it, just in case. Is there any way your mom could help make the other kitties chase you less? I am glad you are getting Feliway, but what about keeping you separated from them for a while? Mama Kitty chases me and stresses me out too. Sometimes she will \"stalk\" me when I go to use the box. The nerve of her. My mom is working on a way to make me less stressed because when I get stressed I tend to get urinary problems. Good luck and tell your mommy to have patience. It\'s not easy getting picked on and chased. Purrs, Felix
  • Andrea VaileAndrea Vaile Member Posts: 26
    That last post was great...I just wanted to add that it might be a good idea to keep you in a separate room from the other kitties (with food, water, and a clean litter box- so you\'re not bothered by the smell of the other kitties \"business\" in your box) until you can go to the vet to rule out a Urinary Tract Infection, etc. That way your mom can make sure you\'re eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom enough (these things can be hard to tell when there are a couple of kitties in the house, and your vet will need to know). Also, your ma can make sure that there are limited things in there for you to pee on!