Is He Deaf?

Beth HallBeth Hall South ShieldsMember Posts: 329
edited 3 October, 2007 in Cat Health
Recently I seem to have lost my hearing, is there a reason, or is it just ld age, also, does anyone know how to communicate etc with a deaf vat, just I really miss knowing that he used to be the one I could talk to and now all thats gone!|^|:?:^: Also Baggy stills attaks him, how can I stop this?

Comments

• Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 September, 2007
    20 is a pretty good age for a Cat, and you may have lost your hearing. As we age, things like that happen. As far as communicating with a deaf cat, it's more of having the cat "see" than hear you.
  • Glenna McMenaminGlenna McMenamin Morrisville/CaryMember Posts: 10
    edited 2 October, 2007
    I have been deaf since birth and my new mom still talks to me-even if Ican\'t hear her, I can feel the vibrations from her voice.She also uses a laser pointer to get my attention-Hope this helps!:^:
  • cheryl wisniewskicheryl wisniewski NapervilleMember Posts: 3
    edited 3 October, 2007
    My dog is deaf. I communicate with her using hand signals. When I want her attention I flash a light on & off.
  • Beth HallBeth Hall South ShieldsMember Posts: 329
    edited 3 October, 2007
    Thanks guys and dolls, I will deff (lol!) try out you ideas!
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 3 October, 2007
    Use your eyes as much as possible. Blink slowly at him to say, "I love you." He will understand this, even if he can't hear the words any longer. Kitties can feel the vibrations, as another kitty said. So, keep talking. Maybe try to play a lot harder with your other kitty who is attacking. He may be frustrated that his old pal is showing his age and just needs to let off some steam. And then save some quiet time for just you and Rocky where he doesn't have to worry about getting pounced on.