White cats

Rebecca ArnoldRebecca Arnold LoletaMember Posts: 8
edited 30 September, 2007 in Cat Health
I am a solid white kitty and my mommy always finds me front of the heater if it is on or under blankets or some other warm hidey hole. So my question is are white cats like chiuauas? Are they always cold? I also shiver a lot like those little dogs. Should mama get me one of those beds that are heated or is this just another one of my quirks?:^:

Comments

• Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 30 September, 2007
    This is Delyte. I have two of those heated beds and they are wonderful. I thought that all cats loved heat all the time? Is your health okay? If you are healthy then it could just be a normal cat thing. My person specializes in all black cats and some of them have been extreme heat cravers and some not. It's a scientific fact that black fur and black skin are better heat collectors in the sun than white fur and pink skin. That's why polor bears have black skin and translucent fur that looks white but is actually a clear tube to funnel the sun's rays to the skin. But you are certainly a pretty cat! Purrs!
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    :-h I am not a heat seeker. Sometimes I amaze my Mom that I stay so clean. I have looong hair, so I don\'t like breezes or fans. It makes it seem like I have an itch that I can\'t scratch. I do love to spend my days rolling on laundry( clean or dirty) in a non drafty spot...upside-down.
  • Rebecca ArnoldRebecca Arnold LoletaMember Posts: 8
    It must be just one of my quirks because I am in good health. My mom tells me that I am one strange kitty. She has been around a lot of kitties but none like me.