Weight check

Meghann McLeroyMeghann McLeroy Fort HoodMember Posts: 12
edited 6 August, 2014 in Kitten Corner
My humans are trying to gauge how big I am going to be. They weighed me today and I weighed 4 lbs. 1 oz. I am about 12 weeks old. Does that sound average? Big? Small?

Comments

• Robin PinkhamRobin Pinkham BangorMember Posts: 1,601
    edited 13 October, 2007
    I was 5 lbs at 17 weeks for comparison Sounds like you are growing really well! Are your paws big?
  • Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 14 October, 2007
    I was 3.4 lbs at 13 weeks but I was the runt in my litter so I have some catch-up to do:D
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 14 October, 2007
    Typically a kitten gains about 1 pound a month until they are 4-6 moths old, then the weight gain slows. You are slightly larger than average right now, but not by much. This could change as you actually start to mature.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 14 October, 2007
    It's Stella. I was 2.1 pounds when I was first taken to the vet aged about 8-9 weeks. But I am now 10.8 pounds at 18 months, and probably a little too heavy for my bone structure. Love that dry cat food too much. Purrs to you!
  • naomi codynaomi cody Charm CityMember Posts: 537
    edited 15 October, 2007
    i'm 7 mths old and 6.8lbs. killer is 14 mths and is 7.2lbs. at 4 mths i was 3.11. mommy thinks about 4 more lbs and i'll be done.
  • Jordan WoodsJordan Woods Member Posts: 1
    edited 8 August, 2009
    Hi! I\'m Farinelli. I joined this site to see what other kittens my age weigh. I know this is an old post but I\'m wondering how much you other kittens from this post weigh today. I am almost 6 months old and weigh 10 1/2 pounds! I\'m not fat but much larger all over than my brother Liebchen who is 6 pounds and two weeks younger than I am. The breeder said I would be HUGE,.. I\'m just wondering how huge. Thanks everyone!
  • Kristen BaughmanKristen Baughman Member Posts: 3
    edited 10 July, 2014
    My two boys are 9 weeks old. Icarus my DLH is 3.0 pounds and Bruce My DLH (medium length) is 3.4 pounds. Neither of them look obese I was actually thinking they were pretty thin because they have so much hair but I was reading that the average 9 week old cat is only 2 pounds so I guess they are good. They are probably going to get pretty big because their paws are massive.