POST-Halloween Black Cat Extravaganza (Los Angeles)

Natalie NorcrossNatalie Norcross Long BeachMember Posts: 12
edited 24 November, 2007 in Choosing the Right Cat
NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE POST-HALLOWEEN BLACK CAT ADOPTION EVENTS LOS ANGELES, Calif. – On Saturday, November 3, Kitten Rescue, Los Angeles’s largest no-kill cat rescue organization, will hold a special post-Halloween adoption event featuring dozens of black cats and kittens. Like many shelters and rescue groups around the country, Kitten Rescue bars black cat adoptions during the last few weeks of October, fearing the animals could be abused or mistreated in Halloween mischief. This event will mark the first time in weeks that black cats will be made available for adoption. The Events will be held at the West LA Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies (11055 W. Pico Blvd.) and Encino Petco (17919 Ventura Blvd.) on Saturday, November 3rd from 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Around one-third of the cats that Kitten Rescue takes in are black or black and white, yet these are the ones most likely to be passed over for adoption. Black cats are also the most likely to be euthanized at kill shelters, and the least likely to be rescued. Snacks will be served and each adopter will receive a gift bag filled with fantastic cat toys and food samples. For more information about the event, email [email protected] or visit http://www.kittenrescue.org. Kitten Rescue is an all volunteer, non-profit, no-kill organization devoted to finding loving new homes for unwanted and abandoned cats and kittens. Kitten Rescue rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes over 1,000 cats and kittens every year. # # #

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 October, 2007
    Sounds good to me. I think black cats are handsome! :D
  • edited 30 October, 2007
    Why, I think so, too, Aragorn! What a wonderful event...wishing you lots of luck with adoptions.
  • edited 24 November, 2007
    Though it sounds good, I dread to think what might hapen to 'some of those cats', Adopting out Black cats in OCT in gen in my book is a big no no. People who get ahold of black cats can do all sorts of evil things, to them, I'm sure satin worshipers and other groups have probably heard already through the media about these cats, you have to be very careful they could do anyting to get the cats, maybe send a little kid or a innosent bystander in to ger a cat for them. :((
  • edited 24 November, 2007
    OH, sorry I thought it was actually in Oct, it said "post" hollowean/ still I wouldnt support them for doing this for fear the cats would come to harm. Note I like black cats, I have a black cat named Bindi so this int an easy thing to admit. :(