Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Police officer investigation report over Mr. Vegemite

Desma JonesDesma Jones Member Posts: 318
edited 2 November, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
Here is the outcome of the police investigation over the police officer Terry Casey of his treatment and threats, "if your cat came into my yard, I'd shoot it in the head with a 22". My defense lawyer even found out that he made a mistake! He was very anxious to punish me and he even got his story wrong from the people who trapped the cats. It was another cat, not Mr. Vegemite that was coming over and causing trouble. Officer Casey did not listen good and got his facts all mixed up so he punished me and threatened me with no good cause. Officer Gillespie, the investigating policeman, handed the report to my husband at work and didn't even have the courtesy to give it to ME. I was already told by a couple business owners in Woodland that Gillespie is not an upright honest man anyhow so I am not surprised of the sad outcome that they just don't care how they treat people. Everybody makes mistakes and Casey made a mistake and is not Man enough to say sorry. Real men can admit that they make mistakes and we have very bad men for officers in Woodland. I was told for years by business owners in town that our police are corrupt and uncaring and lazy and all out for theirselves. Because of that, they have been mistreated by authorities above them as a reaping and sowing. They complain and whine about the mistreatment of past police chiefs etc. If they would treat people decent and do their job with honor and integrity, maybe they would be honored from above.

Comments

• Desma JonesDesma Jones Member Posts: 318
    edited 1 November, 2007
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 1 November, 2007
    CLICK HERE TO SEE POLICE REPORT I don't like the tone which he takes in that letter, it's very sarcastic and unprofessional.
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 1 November, 2007
    We agree with you Blade. A horrible situation all the way around. Remind me not to go live in Woodland....:r
  • Adriana Garcia-RomanAdriana Garcia-Roman HollywoodMember Posts: 4,134
    edited 1 November, 2007
    We agree with Blade & Amelia!! It's Sad to realize that our rights does not count for those people Sad Puuurrs Ashlye & Troop
    edited 1 November, 2007
    Those police probably know that they can disrespect me and treat me like crap and get away with it. Hopefully, it will work to my advantage for the animal lawyer.
  • Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    edited 1 November, 2007
    Mommy is sick of cat-hater places, as well as treatment of people-jeez!!!
    edited 1 November, 2007
    I would also like to add that the police officer was NOT suppose to add a personal opinion-that is NOT part of his job. His job is FACTS, which is sounds like weren't even totally looked at! I hope you win your case!! Cleo and Mysty's Mommy
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 1 November, 2007
    This was my mum's email to Sergeant Gillaspie. Sergeant Gillaspie, I recently viewed the letter you wrote to Mrs Jones regarding your conclusions following your 'investigation' into her complaint against Officers Casey and Palmquist. You concluded that Officer Casey's comment made to Mrs. Jones of "if your cat came into my yard, I'd shoot it in the head with a 22" was "not malicious" and "it was merely an attempt to point out worse things could have happened to your (Mrs. Jones) pet..."...so was that comment from Officer Casey intended to make Mrs. Jones FEEL BETTER?? I think you need to send him on some kind of public relations course or better still, advise him to take up a new profession, one that he's more suited to, i.e one where he is kept well away from members of the general public. So you think it's perfectly acceptable for one of your officers of the law to make that inhumane comment to a lady who is obviously traumatised after finding out that someone trapped her cat and had it killed? Shame on you. Perhaps you should get a new job too, one that doesn't require the skill of having very good judgment. Is is legal for people to go about shooting their neighbours pet cats if they come into your yard, in Woodland?? Because where I come from, that would be illegal. Surely Officer Casey shouldn't be boasting about the fact that he is willing to commit crimes of animal cruelty against his neighbours pets? I think that an apology should have been made by officer Casey, in person, to Mrs. Jones. Especially since he had misunderstood the situation described to him by the neighbour regarding a DIFFERENT cat which was NOT even Mrs. Jones cat. Mahatma Gandhi once said " the moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated". If that's the case, then the attitude displayed by your Woodland Police Department officers, you and Casey in particular, is really quite an embarrassment to your nation. Miss E.J. Clarke, Nottingham, Great Britain.
  • Joyce KuwaeJoyce Kuwae Originally NJ!!Member Posts: 743
    edited 1 November, 2007
    What a horrible, sad story. I hope that Officer Casey gets what he deserves. He has a lot coming at him, I'm sure.
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 2 November, 2007
    =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> Wow Blade!!! ;c; That\'s a GREAT LETTER!!!!! :h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h:
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Maybe you need to let a huge group like PETA know about that comment-maybe a little news coverage would help get some changes made.
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Mom was talking to J.J. Burke, one of the men running for mayor in Woodland. Mom kind of likes him. Her and Dad have known him for quite some time. She told him about the letter and J.J. did tell her that officer Casey was up for a promotion and did NOT get it, so, that may give satisfaction to some of you. I am not gloating about that on the inside of my heart. I have to be careful and watch my attitude that it doesn't displease God so he can execute judgement. There is a proverb that says, "Do not rejoice when you see your enemy stumble and fall, because if the Lord sees that, it will displease him and he will turn away his wrath from him.". J.J. Burke encouraged me to take steps possible for justice for Mr Vegemite. So, the fact that Officer Casey did not get his promotion to sargeant may suffice some of you. They do record arrests I am told.
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 2 November, 2007
    You also might want to get the WBI involved to investigate corruption within the department. If they find it not only will charges be filed but they will do a clean sweep of the department. They will also monitor them to make sure they do their jobs to the letter. I hope all goes well for you.
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 2 November, 2007
    It\'s just an all around bad situation - isn\'t it. Blade what a great letter. We would not live in the Woodlands ever! Shame on the officers and the city! They will get their punishment from one that knows the truth - Veggie will be by his side - you know who I mean! Sorry for this awful situation.
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 2 November, 2007
    That letter/police report is a joke and a travesty. Officer Casey's comment about shooting the cat was inappropriate and inexcusable! Blade, your letter was excellent!!! Mommy is going to write a letter this weekend, too. The whole situation makes our blood boil, and we would really like to see more attention/exposure brought to the case. That officer, at the very least, needs some sensitivity training. I'm pretty sure if someone made a comment like that to him regarding something/someone that he cared about, he wouldn't have regarded it as a comment that something worse COULD HAVE happened...No, Officer Casey would probably have slugged the person. What a jerk. He makes the whole town look bad. :((
    edited 2 November, 2007
    If you want to, you can email [email protected] She is going to call mom back and we are going to do what we can. Tell her that we have lots of support at Catster. Mom is concerned about the fee though and that is why she told the lawyer to sue and she don't care about any of the money and that all she wants back is the $1000 she paid for the defense lawyer. Mom said that animal rights can have the money especially since it looks like an open and shut case, easy to win. The lawyer can have payment from the suit, the animal rights can have a big donation that will help others in the same thing we went through and Mr. Vegemite will be avenged.