Innova vs. Innova EVO vs. Felidae

Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
edited 6 November, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
We feed Innova EVO to our three indoor cats. We have to make a 35 minute drive to the only boutique in the area that sells Innova EVO and while I love them dearly and they are amazing little boutique, it's kind of straining. This last time we popped in, they were out of EVO so we just got Innova. The girls seem to love it even more so than the EVO, not sure if this is just because it's new or what. Getting to the point, this new boutique just opened about three minutes from where we live and they sell Felidae. I've heard wonderful things about Felidae but I'm not sure if it's worth switching our babies from Innova EVO or Innova over to Felidae. Sure, the distance would be great but it's obviously their health and wellbeing that matters more than anything else. My question is this: Felidae vs Innova vs Innova Evo: which do you prefer to feed and why?

Comments

• Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 2 November, 2007
    My cats didn\'t care for the Felidae dry food, but they love the canned. Felidae is a great food and I have my dogs on Canidae. In florida it is the lowest priced high quality food I can find. Right now the cats are eating Orijen dry food and Innova EVO, Innova, Felidae and a few other canned foods. It\'s good to switch it up every once in a while. If they like the felidae, that\'s great, but if your worried about nutrition, you can switch between the 3 foods after every bag. Good Luck!=; :^:
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 2 November, 2007
    There is regular Innova in the red cans and then there is Innova EVO. Regular Innova has grains in it. EVO is grain-free. Maybe you can order a case of food from the store so you don't have to go there often? Many small stores will special order cases for you. Or maybe ask the new store if they can stock Innova EVO or order you some.
  • Mary ComminsMary Commins AntiochMember Posts: 55,502
    edited 2 November, 2007
    We switch back and forth between California Natural (which is made by Natura who makes Innova) Serengeti, and Orijen! I have IBD and am doing great on all 3!!
  • Lucybelle GLucybelle G Member Posts: 96
    edited 3 November, 2007
    I have not eaten anything else other than EVO mixed with KMR. Mommy said tiz iz the best and my tummy agrees.
  • edited 3 November, 2007
    Felidae vs Innova vs Innova Evo: which do you prefer to feed and why? I'd go with the Innova EVO. Cats are carnivores and were meant to eat a diet with as little grains as possible. That's basically the point of Innova EVO. It's the level just before a raw food diet, which I feed Natasha. It has done wonders for her, so I'd imagine that Innova EVO would have pretty good results too. Felidae is a great premium food, but it does have grains in it, so you have to feed more than you would the EVO.|^|
  • Nanaho SawanoNanaho Sawano Member Posts: 108
    edited 3 November, 2007
    I presently eat Innova EVO kibble (along with Orijen) and LOVE it. But I won\'t touch the EVO wet food. That isn\'t too surprising as I\'m not really a wet food kitty (except for tuna, of course) but when my brother Trooper the wet food kitty also refused to touch the EVO, my human conceded defeat. We (well, mostly Trooper) do tolerate eating the plain Innova, though, so the human got that as a compromise as one of the wet foods we get. But once our stockpile runs out in a few weeks, she\'s going to try the new grainless one-meat EVO cans. I hated the Nature\'s Variety version, but if at least Trooper eats the new one-meat EVO cans the human will start feeding us EVO wet as opposed to Innova. The human hasn\'t totally gone grainless on us, but she\'s going to try to do it because it seems better for out health.
  • Kristen MaranciakKristen Maranciak PittsburghMember Posts: 560
    edited 3 November, 2007
    We were eating Innova Evo but we all started to gain too much weight. We heard good things about Felidae but Mommy switched us to Artemis Holistic which is grain free like Evo but has less calories. Purrs Mocha
  • Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Me and my three siblings all eat and love Innova Evo wet and dry. We also love Solid Gold wet and dry. We so-so like Orijin, and we so-so like California Natural. After hearing great things about it, Mommy tried giving us all Felidae wet, and we all spent the day throwing it up. It was awful. We have no idea why we had so much trouble with that one but it didn't suit any of us at all.
  • Moxie PopMoxie Pop Los AngelesMember Posts: 130
    edited 6 November, 2007
    We like Innova EVO wet and dry (and Wellness). Note that quick changes in food can upset your kitty's tummy (vomitting, diarrhea) so there may be nothing wrong with the food. When I've changed foods, I've done it gradually over time. With dry food for example, I mix say 1 part of the new food with 4 or more parts of the old food and increase portions of the new food over a couple of weeks.