Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Canned food suggestions

Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
edited 5 November, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could suggest some premium canned food for me and my three siblings. We're all 6 months old. We eat Innova Evo wet and dry, and also Solid Gold wet and dry. We don't like Nature's Variety, and we all threw up our Felidae. Mommy can't seem to find Merrick's, Evangers or Wellness in her area (we live in Japan). Mommy's been wondering if it's not so good to give us the Solid Gold wet tuna every evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated! ;c;

Comments

• Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu Miami Fl,Member Posts: 883
    edited 1 November, 2007
    All thoses brands have store locators I've seen they have in Japan.
  • Autumn GessertAutumn Gessert Amarillo, TXMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 1 November, 2007
    Are you at an APO address or anything? I see that Waggintails.com sells Merrick canned kitty food (that's what we eat). They say they can ship to APO addresses, not regular International, unfortunately. Of course, I have no idea how expensive the shipping might be, you could email them and ask ... I see that Only Natural Pet (http://www.onlynaturalpet.com) also sells Merrick canned kitty food, and does International orders -- they may ship to Japan. Also, you can order stuff direct from Merrick, too. Their address is merrickpetcare.com. I couldn't tell right away if they can ship internationally or not, you may have to email them. I will tell you that although Merrick does a great job of getting orders out and correct and stuff, they are pretty slow to answer email, but they will answer. Hope this helps you a little. Purrs, Tommy
  • Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 2 November, 2007
    I would suggest only feeding tuna sparingly. It is high in mercury and cats should only have seafood on an occasion or as a small treat. I have heard that too much seafood can cause urinary tract infections. =;
  • Pamela MathyPamela Mathy Member Posts: 25
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Hi, Mom feeds me Eagle Pack Holistic Select wet food. I really like the Chicken & Lamb and the Turkey & Barley formulas. I eat Wellness Kitten formula for my dry food. Mom goes by the directions on the bag and gives me 3/4 cup of dry food and 3 oz of wet food everyday. I am a very happy, healthy, playful guy so far. I don\'t know if you have Eagle Pack in Japan but if so y0u might want to give it a try. Good luck with finding a wet food you like. Meow, Chester
  • Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Thank you everyone for the responses, advice and links! We very much appreciate them! I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with APO, so I'm guessing we don't have one MOL. I'm going to check out the links and also see about the Eagle Pack. Mommy's looked at all the Japanese cat food online sellers and that name doesn't sound familiar, but she'll check. Actually, Mommy hadn't thought to order directly from the stores. Hopefully shipping won't be too scary. Thank you!